- Haleon’s Re/Wire Health Studio invites third cohort of applications from emerging growth and early-stage consumer health and tech companies around the world
- Programme aimed at discovering and scaling early-stage consumer health innovators
- Launch of Cohort 3 applications sees initiative expand into Indian market
Haleon’s Re/Wire Health Studio helps emerging companies and innovative founders bring to market ground-breaking solutions that will shape the future of consumer health. Focused on disruptive technologies and new business models that address changing and emerging consumer needs, Re/Wire’s aim is to help partners turn their viable service or product propositions into commercial opportunities quickly and successfully.
Following the success of two previous cohorts, the launch of Cohort 3 sees the programme expand into India for the first time. Applications will be considered from candidates with pre-seed through Series A funding wherever in the world they may based. As before, there will be no need for successful candidates to relocate but, once prepared and ready, they must be willing to launch in either the US, Indian or EMEA markets as a first step.
Emerging consumer health start-ups in India are being invited, for the first time, to partner with Re/Wire Health Studio, a game-changing global collaboration and partnership platform from Haleon NEXT, the disruptive innovation arm of global consumer health company Haleon.
Re/Wire is partnering with applicants across three breakthrough areas of consumer health innovation: mental health and resilience; women’s health and fitness; and oral health. These are all areas where novel concepts or new digital solutions meet a clear need for people to better understand, manage or monitor their daily healthcare needs.
Nick Tate, Vice President and Head of NEXT at Haleon, said: “The world of digital health continues to move at a prolific pace and is becoming more complicated to navigate for companies both big and small. We’re continuing to rise to that challenge with Re/Wire Health Studio – a game-changing collaboration platform which combines Haleon’s scale, insight and expertise with some of the world’s most ambitious entrepreneurs in consumer health.”
He continues: “Our goal is to partner closely with emerging businesses to accelerate exciting ventures in everyday health. We’re excited to be building on the success of the programme by expanding its scope and scale and can’t wait to discover the latest breakthrough innovations in consumer health.”
Stand out successes from previous cohorts include:
- Bristle: an at-home oral microbiome test that measures oral health status, including risk factors for cavities, gum disease, and bad breath. Bristle then provides personalized diet, lifestyle, and product recommendations to improve oral health and help lower risk for disease.
- Clementine: a business helping women take charge of and improve their mental well-being by building positive thought patterns through behaviour change and access to digital cognitive hypnotherapy.
- Smilo.ai: a virtual care platform which is reimagining the dental care experience using AI. Their 360° end-to-end platform connects patients to dentists, with real time insights, instantly and remotely.
Padma Gadiyar, CEO and Founder of Smilo.Ai, commented on her experience: “The Re/Wire Health studio experience was amazing. It was transformative to be able to work with and learn from experts within the consumer health industry. Re/Wire also had a laser focus on building a clear path to partnership and we are currently engaged in building out exciting new propositions together.”
Partnering with Re/Wire involves a completely free, three-month virtual support programme that is specifically tailored to each product or concept. Cohort companies will benefit from fast-track global scaling and commercialisation, leveraging Haleon’s consumer health insight, as well as mentoring and networking opportunities.
Cohort partners will also benefit from a carefully curated development program covering strategy road-mapping, product viability, brand development, behavioural economics, and regulatory compliance. In addition, R/GA Ventureswill be on hand to help Cohort partners develop new assets that can be used to accelerate their venture. No fee or equity charge is levied on start-ups selected for a cohort and participation in the Cohort is not contingent on Re/Wire or Haleon investment.
As part of the evolution of its Cohort initiative, the Re/Wire Health Studio will adopt an ‘always on’ approach to partner sourcing, so applicants not selected to join Cohort 3 will have the opportunity to join subsequent cohorts.
Final selection decisions for Cohort 3 will be made by 25th October 2022, with the programme formally launching on 16th November. Companies can apply or find out more via www.rewirehealthstudio.com.