Millie is reimagining the hospital-based U.S. maternity experience. We aim to provide more complete, continuous, inclusive, and empowered care with better outcomes by centering midwifery care with OB collaboration as a standard in the U.S.
Our Berkeley, CA in-person clinic provides a warm and welcoming environment for holistic perinatal care. At Millie, support extends beyond the clinic through app-based education, tech-enabled remote monitoring, and virtual care spanning specialties. We partner with Alta Bates Campus Birth Center for our labor and delivery services — and all services will be covered by major insurance plans and Medi-Cal.
Our clinic and care team are successful when all birthing parents, regardless of background:
- Feel seen and heard as the multidimensional people they are.
- Feel confident and supported in their decisions.
- Can easily access trusted and skilled support when and how they choose.
- Experience a healthier pregnancy, birth, and postpartum journey. This includes (but is not limited to) reduced rates of preterm births, NICU stays, and C-sections, earlier detection of complications, and, last but not least, a better patient experience.
This is an opportunity to raise the bar for maternity care, shape a new practice’s care model, and work with a team of inspiring and committed people. If you are passionate about improving maternal health through holistic, whole-person care, come join us!
About the role
- Provide full-scope midwifery care during pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum at our Berkeley clinic, Alta Bates Campus Birth Center, and virtually.
- Provide basic gynecology services such as contraception, STIs, vaginitis, and annual preventative care exams.
- Collaborate with other team members (e.g., obstetricians, nurses, doulas, nutritionists, therapists, etc.) to provide whole-person care.
- Communicate effectively with patients during and between appointments to ensure questions are answered and concerns are addressed by leveraging Millie’s app and technology.
We’re looking for a compassionate and driven midwife who has:
- 3-5+ years of experience working as a midwife.
- Strongly preferred: Experience working in a clinical leadership role.
- Experience supporting birthing people in shared decision-making and providing midwifery care and education throughout the various stages of prenatal, birth, and postpartum.
- Passion for providing unbiased, patient-centered information to empower families and birthing people to make informed decisions.
- Passion for reproductive justice and supporting principles of bodily autonomy, self-determination, and cultural respect.
- Experience leading group prenatal care.
- Experience providing care virtually.
- An active Certified Nurse-Midwife license in the state of CA and certification by the AMCB. LMs/CPMs are encouraged to contact us if interested in working with Millie as we will have future opportunities.
- NRP and BLS certification up to date
- Skills/training in the following areas are a plus: promoting health equity and racial justice work, bilingual, motivational interviewing, lactation certifications, nutrition/diabetes training, cesarean first assist, and/or teaching movement or meditation practices.
What we offer
- A collaborative team with the opportunity to shape a new standard for hospital-based maternity care
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Annual professional development stipend
- Reimbursement for professional licenses and fees
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance reimbursement
At Millie, we are committed to health equity and culturally competent care — as well as prioritizing, affirming, and celebrating diversity within our team, providers, and patients. We encourage BIPOC and LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.