According to The Wall Street Journal, FemHealth Ventures has closed a $32M fund dedicated to investments in women’s health innovation. While the fundraising efforts exceeded their initial goal, they fell short of the $50 million hard cap due to challenges faced by the new venture firm during its inaugural fundraise. FemHealth Ventures maintains a strong emphasis on supporting companies in the fields of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, and digital health, all of which aim to revolutionize women’s health diagnostics and care.
FemHealth Ventures’ current portfolio companies include:
- Gynesonics’ Sonata System is an incision-free option for treating symptomatic uterine fibroids.
- inSoma Bio’s Fractomer technology is an injectable gel that improves reconstruction for women post lumpectomy.
- AOA Dx is developing a diagnostic test to detect ovarian cancer at early stages. Their diagnostic test will allow women to seek earlier treatment and improve survival in ovarian cancer patients.
- Rejoni is developing a hydrogel product to prevent intrauterine adhesions after uterine surgery.
- Nymbl is a digital app that improves balance to prevent falls for older adults. A majority of older adults presenting to ERs for falls are women.
- Raydiant Oximetry’s technology is designed to more accurately detect fetal distress during labor and delivery, potentially decreasing the number of medically unnecessary Caesarean sections.
- BioAesthetics’ Nipple-Areolar Complex Graft, or NACgraft, is a revolutionary next step in breast reconstruction that will provide patients who have had mastectomies with a new, natural, living nipple and areola.
- Trefoil Therapeutics’ novel engineered FGF-1 (eFGF-1) compound helps women (who are the majority of Fuchs’ Dystrophy patients) avoid corneal transplant and relieves associated pain, discomfort, and blurred vision.