👋 Welcome! Are you an experienced engineer looking to join an early-stage, VC-backed, woman-led team as CTO?
Revel (YC S19) is a community built exclusively for women over the age of 50. We know so many strong, dynamic women who are not letting society’s outdated notions of aging define them. We also understand how difficult it can be to form meaningful friendships at any age. There are 50 million women over 50 in the United States alone and our vision is for Revel to be the platform that brings these dynamic women together: a modern version of AARP.
Once a member of our community, a Reveler has access to a wide range of events and gatherings happening continuously all around her, all of which are organized, hosted and attended by women her own age. Our technology is what enables us to personalize our members’ experience on Revel. We are a web application built in React and Bootstrap and we use PostgreSQL for our database and Node.js on the server.
Revel is backed by Forerunner Ventures and Y Combinator.
About the Role
We’re looking for a CTO to join our team and help accelerate our pace of development to meet fast-growing demand from our membership. We’re a small and scrappy team—you’ll report to our CEO and work daily with our COO, Director of Marketing and designer.
You can work from anywhere in the United States, or join us at our office in San Francisco.
- 5 years experience working in a production environment on a user-facing product
- Highly proficient with modern web development technologies
- Prior experience as a Tech Lead
Working at Revel
- We’re a fast-paced, highly collaborative, scrappy, startup environment.
- We believe that we can achieve a lot and do great work while acknowledging that work is one part of our lives. We support flexible hours and remote work. We focus on results, not hours worked.
- Our office features a healthy ratio of plants to people.