Women's Mental and Neurological Health
At wmnHealth, we conduct mental and neurological health research that prioritizes gender and diversity, and create web-based tools to make that research possible. Our technology allows us to collect relevant and sufficient data from diverse populations, and quickly develop and test better brain health solutions for women and make them available to the community for free.
We are currently seeking a Senior Director of application development to oversee its rapidly growing development team and bring its processes and projects to a mature state.
The Senior Director of Application Development will be part of a multidisciplinary team of neuroscientists, clinical researchers, data scientists, and application developers in a technology-driven, supportive, and stimulating environment. Our team is fully remote and distributed across Canada. We are looking for proactive, positive, solution-oriented, and self-motivated individuals with a shared interest in social good and working to close the gender gap in brain health research. We are seeking someone who thrives working with a distributed, diverse team and who enjoys looking for ways to help people work more efficiently and deliver better results.
- Deep knowledge of Node.js and React (~10 years)
- Experience overseeing the development and maintenance of large, cloud-hosted systems, with a proven track-record
- Excellent knowledge of software development life-cycle principles, with emphasis on CI/CD and testing
- Good ability to document, explain and enforce policies
- Experience with privacy regulations
- Experience working in a regulated industry (healthcare a plus)
- Excellent knowledge of web and cloud security principles
- Experience managing a distributed team working on 2 or 3 different projects
- Ability to mentor developers
Job Location: Canada; remote. Only applicants able to currently work in Canada will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time position with competitive salary and benefits.
At wmnHealth, we do not just put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our research, but it is also how we build our teams. That is not just responsible; it is essential. We are convinced that diversity inspires innovation, and want to build a culture where individuality is celebrated. We believe in providing opportunity to talented individuals from historically marginalized groups, and make a deliberate effort to ensure our team reflects the communities we serve.
To apply for this job email your details to ciara.doyle@wmnHealth.org