Daye is a leader in gynae health and were expanding into new markets. Incorporated in 2018, were a fast growing, highly competitive new venture with over 40 team members. We are headquartered in London, UK with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria. To date, Daye is trusted by over 60,000 people with periods and has successfully raised $5.5 million in seed funding, and $11 million in series A funding from high profile investors based in Silicon Valley and London, UK.
At the heart of Daye is R&D and most of our processes are vertically integrated, including our tampon production. We are building a comprehensive gynae health platform that will address all areas of womens health, from first menstruation through to menopause, and beyond. Our goals are to bridge the gender gap in medical research, and product innovation, by designing products rooted in science and inspired by womens intuition.
For example; one of our key hypotheses was that tampons can be used for a lot more than just soaking up menstrual fluid. Therefore, we designed:
- a pain-relieving tampon to help the 90% of women who suffer cramps;
- a tampon to detect STIs and HPV;
- a tampon to treat common vaginal infections like candida and BV.
We are currently working on several new digital and physical products and are in the process of expanding to the US and EU markets. We exist to raise the standards in gynae health by creating innovative products and services that fit conveniently into our lives, and we need exceptional talent to help achieve our mission.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a Global Health Strategy and Impact Officer to join our team. In this role, you will be an integral part of the Product and Operations team working closely with the CPO, Senior Product Manager, and Clinical & Regulatory Associate to enable our clinical products and services to reach as many women in low and middle-income countries as possible via a partnership model.
While our commercial aim over the next 12 months, is to grow our current subscriber base exponentially in the US, UK, and Europe, we are simultaneously developing an impact strategy to create access to our products to women in LMICs through innovative public-private partnerships with local NGOs and entrepreneurs. This means that youll be part of a company on an extremely high growth trajectory with both high financial and impact ambitions.
Your role will be to formalize and implement Dayes LMIC impact work in LMICs, with emphasis on HPV testing and menstrual hygiene. In this capacity, you will report and interact with our impact committee and impact investor, Cross-Border Impact Ventures, a venture capital firm partnered with the Canadian innovation platform Grand Challenges Canada. As a demonstration of our deep commitment to impact, we have signed an impact pledge with our impact investor, which commits us to achieve ambitious impact goals in LMICs. The firm and its network of partners in global health, your colleagues at Daye, and your network of relationships will support you in achieving our goals.
This is not a typical role and therefore we expect to look for unique talent with a differentiated set of skills and experiences. Key assets would include, a proven track record of successfully scaling novel diagnostic tools or medical devices in Emerging Markets (ideally combined with experience in North America and Europe), and experience with menstrual hygiene products or other gynecological or other health products with associated taboos. The ideal candidate would have an established network of relationships in the global health community and experience financing complex programs creatively. Most importantly, they bring to the role a relentless passion for learning and delivering novel solutions to unmet female health needs, particularly in Emerging Markets. They are highly organized, comfortable with adaptive larning, and thrive in dynamic environments.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of women, adolescents and other menstruators in LMICs by streamlining Dayes global health impact strategy and opening up new geographies for Dayes novel products.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and develop a short and medium-term LMIC impact plan based on Dayes impact pledge with its impact investor
- Identify suitable regions to deliver tampon manufacturing, STI, and HPV screening and create and implement a strategy for the operational setup (supply chain, transport channels, etc.) of bringing products to market together with local partners
- During the implementation phase, assist partners with their planning of customer and partner educational campaigns related to product launches, leveraging Dayes current content and contextualizing it for local cultural needs
- Assisting the CPO, Senior Product Manager, Head of Operations, **and other company departments as needed on on product development and commercialization matters, for example if the data produced for the LMIC strategy can contribute to regulatory approvals in high-income markets and/or if commercialization strategies of local partners could become applicable in high-income markets (cross-learning)
- Conference going and networking in the global health and healthcare communities
What you need to bring
- Experience commercializing medical technologies (e.g. devices, diagnostic tools, and/or medical software) or managing health programs using such technologies in LMICs.
- Exposure to donors and payers in LMICs (e.g. PPP programs, grant funding, donor funding, etc)
- Excellent self-organization skills and ability to deliver to tight deadlines while working across multiple projects
- Impeccable attention to detail and a deep commitment to accuracy
- Proven ability to adapt to changes easily and learn on the go
Is Daye right for you?
You will thrive at Daye, if you like dynamic, fast-paced environments and you are comfortable with high levels of ambiguity. This is your place, if you like being proactive and hands-on while wearing many hats. We want to hear from you, if you see yourself in all of the above, and you share our core values:
- Culture of excellence. Persistent AF. We take pride in our work, never cutting corners, always pushing boundaries and persisting in the pursuit of our goals.
- Customer first. Science forward. Our decisions are driven by our consumers best interests and based on data, evidence and research.
- Everyones an owner. We believe in accountability and proactively seeking answers and solutions.
- Ego be damned. Feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome because were not afraid of speaking out, making mistakes or adapting.
- Long-term benefit over short-term gain. We have the courage to do the right thing, even if its not the easiest thing to do at this very moment.
- Different paths, same destination. Every conversation is approached with the understanding that were all on one team, because even though everyone may have a different perspective, we have a shared vision.
Why join us
Working at Daye, you will be collaborating with a passionate, motivated and international group of top performers. Our team is big enough so you can grow, but lean enough so you can make a real impact. To make sure you have a fulfilling career with plenty of scope and space for personal development, we offer:
- Remuneration – Competitive pay rates with yearly salary reviews
- Growth – Paid training opportunities (e.g. certificates, conference visits)
- Flexibility – Work whenever and wherever works best for you, Flexi Fridays
- Work-life balance – 30 days paid vacation per year, including a week off between Christmas and NY
- Parental leave – Generous shared parental leave and return to work policy
- Healthcare – Private health insurance
- Wellness – Free professional coaching, Mental Health Day
- Work environment – Diverse, yet like-minded, casual & sociable community
To apply for this job please visit www.careers-page.com.