Thinx Inc., an innovative company that is disrupting the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories. The Thinx Inc. family of brands—Thinx, Thinx (BTWN), and Speax—are on a mission to create a healthier world through sustainable solutions to menstruation and incontinence.
Thinx is seeking an exceptional Sr Data Engineer who will be responsible for supporting the overall analytics strategy and organization which delivers information, insight, and recommendations to optimize Thinx’s overall business.
The Work You’ll do:
- Building, optimizing, securing, documenting and maintaining Data integrations from internal and external sources
- Ensuring data is flowing accurately from data ingestion to our end users
Key to these responsibilities is that we are looking for someone to provide insightful solutions, not merely fill a mechanical requirements execution role. We are looking for a creative thinker who can help us continue moving forward, enhancing the quality, utility and accessibility of our data so we make better decisions and activate faster on those decisions.
We’re excited about you because…
- You’ll closely with rest of the Analytics Team and internal partners to build and enhance a highly configurable, scalable and robust data infrastructure to meet our growing data needs
- You will implement, productionize and maintain data pipelines and automation to support product and business needs
- You’ll maintain the privacy of our users and partners by helping ensure best practices in security and data handling as we continue to grow
- You will deliver a data engineering system—including data pipeline and data warehousing components—that is simple, reliant, and performant. We currently run all integrations through Stitch, FiveTran, and Celigo, but are running up against the limits of what these out of the box solutions can achieve.
- You will stand up from scratch a program to pull and load data into our Data Warehouse from more niche sources (both webhook and API based), using technology vetted by the VP of Engineering and Analytics team.
- You’ll proactively raise data issues and take action to remediate
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar STEM role with relational databases and data pipeline and warehousing responsibilities
- 3+ years experience with several of the following: S3, Redshift, Snowflake, DBT, StitchData, Singer.io taps, Fivetran, BigQuery, AWS Data Pipeline
- Experience with Looker as BI platform is desirable, but not required
- Strong Python and SQL skills
- Experience with MuleSoft and AWS Lambda a plus
- Experience developing and building distributed and scalable ETL processes and workflows with Spark, Kafka, and/or Airflow
- Experience standing up a bespoke Data Engineering practice from scratch a plus
- Experience tackling complex performance challenges such as runtime optimization of the queries and scalability of the data retrieval
- Analytical, creative and commercial mindset
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks and monthly child care stipend
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Annual training and development stipend
- 1x Monthly Mental Escape Days
- 30% discount on Thinx Inc products and a quarterly $100 spend
- Company sponsored outings and Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.