Andreessen Horowitz hires Julie Yoo as general partner. Her focus will be on life sciences, sythetic bio and broader health tech; Chicago startup Nubundle acquires software from the University of Michigan to bring tech to fertility clinics; Modern Acupuncture raises a Series A led by Strand Capital; StartUp Health Announces Global Call for Innovation to Accelerate Progress in Achieving Health Moonshots; Private Packs Indiegogo Campaign reaches its funding goal within the first week
In The Know
- This “UX Nerd” Is Running Hackathons to Tackle the POC Maternal Mortality Crisis (FastCompany)
- The Female Founders Disrupting the Vagina Economy (Wired)
- Full Stack Pharmaceuticals (Medium)
- Can Digital Therapeutics Revolutionize Medicine? (IDEO)
- Digital Health Solutions: Lessons and Best Practices from Implementers (Devex)
- Exploring the Link Between Menopause and Alzheimer’s(Medium)
- TheLasting Mover Advantage (GrowthX)
- I March Because Menstrual Hygiene is a Right, Not a Privilege (Refinery29)
- DeepMind’s Latest A.I. Health Breakthrough Has Some Problems (Medium)
Since it is Mental Health Awareness Week, we would like to introduce you to two startups tackling postpartum depression:
MomsWell is a comprehensive maternal mental health system that supports the clinical decision-making providers need to identify, diagnose and educate patients with complications, like postpartum depression.
The Motherhood Center provides supportiver services for new and expecting moms, including a range of treatment options for women experiencing perinatal mood and anxiety disorders like postpartum depression.
- Ritual is hiring a Director of Public Relations & Communications.
- Tia is looking for a Fullstack Engineer in San Francisco.
- The Pill Club is looking for its next Vice President (Product).
First time here and like what you see? Subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter!