Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics — Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction — as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
This role will lead all the components of Ro’s pharmacy operations including our pharmacy, supply chain, and logistics teams. The VP of Pharmacy Operations will be responsible for setting the strategy for long term growth while driving process improvements across accuracy, productivity, and costs in the immediate term. The role will create an environment for continuous improvement and innovation that delivers the best healthcare experience for our patients.
Who are you? Great question. You love to build and optimize operations. You can create and drive a long term strategy. But you’re not all strategy. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. You have a deep understanding of the pharmacy industry from retail to mail order and systems. You understand how to scale a large organization and can manage a complex operation equally through vision and KPIs. Most importantly, you are driven by a desire to create advance the patient experience in the healthcare space.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead Ro’s Pharmacy and Supply Chain teams distributed in locations across the United States
- Oversee all operational activities across pharmacies and supply chain (e.g. staffing, forecasting, inventory management, logistics, packaging, and project management). This includes managing a large operation consisting of multiple functions
- Define and drive margin improvements based on business objectives through system enhancements, partner negotiations, and workforce optimization
- Establish the long term vision for Ro’s pharmacy’s operation in terms of where we’ll be, capabilities to build versus buy, and opportunities to drive accuracy and speed
- Focus relentlessly on improving the member experience from fulfillment to last-mile delivery. Create a strong feedback loop with internal partners to drive process enhancements and innovation
- Develop senior talent across pharmacy operations. Ensure a pipeline of talent across field locations to move into senior roles while creating an incredible place to work
- Partner with Finance to create a best in class inventory management system across locations
- Build out Ro’s operational footprint nationwide to expand our ability to serve patients across new conditions and shipping methods
- Partner with Product and Engineering to build out the roadmap of infrastructure enhancements for Ro Pharmacies and Supply Chain that drive productivity, accuracy, and quality
- Own all relationships with national logistics carriers, distributors, OTC manufacturers, and third-party vendors
- Sit on the leadership team for Ro as the representative of our operation and pharmacy teams
What You Bring to the Team:
- 15+ years of experience heading a chain of retail or mail-order pharmacies. Strong command of logistics, inventory management, and pharmacy management systems
- Have managed a large-scale organization across multiple locations and levels. Possess an incredible ability to develop talent and bring out the very best in your teams
- Experience in opening new pharmacy locations and managing non-prescription distribution (OTC)
- Outstanding financial analytical skills. You are comfortable building models around forecasting and margin improvements
- Ability to motivate and lead a cross-functional team around a clearly articulated and powerful vision
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of developing frameworks and workflows that enable the team to achieve peak performance
- Passion for building the future of healthcare, where patients are in control
Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.