Willow is a platform for products that help improve the lives and health of women. We are a mission-driven team of experienced inventors, young mothers, and fathers dedicated to making a difference in women’s lives and based in Mountain View, California.
As Sr. Manager Strategic Sourcing you will be responsible for the identification, evaluation, and selection of Willow components (off-the-shelf and custom fabricated) and product manufacturing partners. You will work closely with R&D, Commercial, and Operations Teams to learn component and product needs and requirements, you will lead the activities necessary to successfully on-board manufacturing partners that meet Willow’s medical device quality, safety, and performance objectives and deliver the product.
Roles & Responsibilities | What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Willow internal partners to understand product and component requirements
- Partner with internal departments to ensure product and components requirements are well documented
- Identify sources of supply that meet component and product requirements utilizing experience, research, and internal associate’s guidance and insight
- Conduct a potential manufacturing partner financial, quality, responsible sourcing, and capability evaluation
- Ensure production facilities are manufacturing to Willow’s product and regulatory requirements, e.g. FDA
- Ensure all manufacturing documentation such as the Product Requirements Document (PRD), drawings, schematics, MPI’s, and BOM’s are developed, accurate, and available to partners
- Manage the RFP/RFQ process for existing and new components.
- Develop an MSA (Manufacturing Service Agreement), a Statement of Work (SOW) and ensure the Quality and Regulatory group develops (when required) a Quality Agreement
- Work closely with manufacturing partners, Operations, and Quality Assurance Teams to ensure that required validations, through FAI (First Article Inspection) are completed
- Ensure that the product and manufacturing partner updates have been reflected in the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system and the Quality Management System (QMS) through ECO & ASL methods
- Responsible for developing and managing partner on-boarding timelines and costing
- Work with finance and operations to establish appropriate cost standards, as well as budgeting for manufacturing capital needs
- Promotes and maintains constructive interdepartmental and inter-company relationships
Experience | What you’ll bring:
- 12-15 years of experience in supplier management, engineering, manufacturing, and procurement
- BS/MS/MBA in Engineering or Science
- International outsourced manufacturing and business experience required (including Asia)
- Technical knowledge across a variety of manufacturing processes: precision machining, injection molding, PCBA’s, cable assembly, manual assembly & semi-automation and packaging
- Deep understanding of FDA, QSR’s and ISO 13485
- Effective negotiation skills
- Effective communicator and time manager
- Motivated and results oriented management style
To apply for this job please visit willowinnovations.bamboohr.com.