We’re real people striving to make your The Pill Club experience awesome
About Pill Club
Pill Club is reinventing the way women receive healthcare and essential medicine. Starting with birth control, we create a patient experience that is personal, convenient, affordable, and delightful. We offer everything she needs in one place – healthcare through telemedicine, payment using credit card or insurance, and prescriptions by mail.
Our mission is to be a trusted healthcare partner for women, empowering them through access, choice, and education – all while delivering a positive and personal experience. Launched in 2016, the Pill Club is a leader in the technology-enabled virtual care and pharmacy space, serving hundreds of thousands of patients across the US.
This is a dual role and includes SRE and DevOPS. The candidate will own and manage infrastructure, processes and be the at first line to help with the production issues. You will be embedded with engineering and data teams to evaluate and improve system architecture and deployment quality with a focus on resilience. You will understand both the application stack really well, and our infrastructure systems and tools. You are expected to be oncall to manage and assist with the production issues.
Example SRE projects:
- Build an auto-remediation system to automatically resolve production incidents before they have any production impact
- Design the system and processes that The Pill Club engineers use to deploy their software into production
- Drive the company through Disaster Recovery Tests, where we manually turn down pieces of infrastructure to test overall resiliency to failures
- Define and setup the escalation process and alerts
- Help with the performance and scalability of the applications.
Ownership and Experience:
Infrastructure as Code
You can design and implement an IaC codebase that builds an entire company’s cloud resources (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc).
You have a deep understanding of the full stack of abstractions provided by modern container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes.
You have built integrations with APM, monitoring, logging, and alerting systems for servers, databases, tools, and services such as DataDog, NewRelic, JMX, Prometheus, CloudWatch, Filebeat, and the ELK stack.
You can design and implement a full release pipeline including unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, and automatic rollback. We use GitHub, Jenkins, CircleCi, and Serverless Framework – AWS Lambdas.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Experience using AWS services programmatically (AWS certification preferred).
- Experience deploying and maintaining Docker applications and Kubernetes clusters in production
- 5+ experience automating production systems with Python, Go, or similar languages.
- A security-focused approach, ensuring that policies and procedures and followed entirely and improved when inadequate
- You have experience with RDBMS, NoSQL, search, caching, streaming and queuing.
We are a family of medical professionals, women’s health advocates, and software engineers on a mission to simplify the process of getting birth control! If you are interested in working at a rapidly growing healthcare startup and want to get in on the ground floor of building a company that’s changing the way birth control is dispensed, please consider joining our team!
If you fit most of these requirements and love the idea of working to improve women’s health, please apply with a resume. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.