We help families that work, work. We are the family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare systems leaves off.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Platform team, you’ll be working on building our core shared services used between our guides and our families. You will be responsible for designing and leading the implementation for our messaging system, session scheduling service, and more. Under your leadership, the team will be responsible for end-to-end ownership of these services from design through deployment and support. We work closely with Design, Product Managers, QA, and Data Science to create the best solutions for our members and customers. We have a strong team culture and each engineer supports the learning and growth of everyone through brown bags, pairing, and tech huddles, resulting in the entire team’s growth and potential. If you believe you can make an impact on our mission, we want you!
This role reports to the Senior Manager of Engineering.
- Own impactful features from design through to deployment
- Design and implement scalable technical solutions
- Lead the engineering team in best practices for implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance. Think Production Readiness, Operation Excellence, Data Driven Decisions
- Evaluate multiple software vendors and solutions to recommend the best approach for our teams
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design, data scientists, business users, project managers, and other engineers
To be successful in this role you may have:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Hands-on production level experience with Postgres (relational databases) and building scalable solutions
- Experience managing data and designing platforms to serve the business and clients
- Excellent and pragmatic testing practices
- Experience with deployment pipelines (CI/CD) and microservice architecture
- A proven track record of team leadership and mentorship
- Skill at partnering cross-functionally across the organization
- An eagerness to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced startup environment
Core Tech Stack:
- React Native
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- CircleCI, Aptible, AppCenter
- Sentry, SumoLogic, & NewRelic