Ritual is a direct-to-consumer health brand that believes it’s crucial to know not just what you’re putting into your body, but why you need it in the first place. We’re transparent about our ingredients, where they’re sourced from, and have spent years conducting extensive research behind each of the premium nutrient forms we use. Our products are simple, effective, and backed by science. Our mission is simple: to empower people to feel their best by turning healthy habits into a ritual.
We have built a team of curious skeptics, world-class scientists, unconventional artists, expert marketers, and analytical strategists that are on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. We’re well-funded, growing quickly, and committed to our mission. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the status quo, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
Ritual is based in sunny Los Angeles but will be working remotely until the global health situation improves.
Ritual is looking for a Technical Regulatory Affairs Manager to collaborate with teams charged with creating highly differentiated claims that meet statutory and regulatory requirements. In this role, you’ll apply your technical understanding and regulatory experience to develop and review claims, content and advertising language for a variety of product categories, including vitamins, dietary supplements and personal care. This is a great opportunity for someone with a technical background and compliance mindset to join a rapidly expanding organization and take on responsibilities that are key to our continued growth and success.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a technical regulatory expert on claim and copy reviews in various categories, including vitamins, dietary supplements and personal care
- Collaborate cross-functionally as a key liaison between Product Development, Scientific Affairs, Quality Assurance, Brand, Creative and Customer Experience teams to create and substantiate claims and copy/advertising in compliance with applicable FDA, FTC and other regulatory body guidelines
- Review and offer suggestions on claims to ensure effective delivery of message while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements
- Provide technical regulatory guidance and answer compliance-related questions regarding new/current products and associated marketing assets
- Work closely with Scientific Affairs and Marketing on claims substantiation programs and outputs
- Review and/or preparation of label copy and labeling to ensure products comply with the applicable regulations in the intended market by providing advice on all the mandatory elements on a label (including declaration of ingredients, nutrition/supplement facts, cautionary statements, disclaimers, etc.)
- Participate in the design of new product launches by providing technical regulatory expertise on product formulation, package design, labeling, and claims development including mandatory nutrition labeling, health claims, nutrient content claims, ingredient declaration and allergen labeling
- Responsible for reviewing and approving regulatory and nutrition components of final packaging artwork and label copy
- Assist with developing and implementing procedures for creating, reviewing and approving labels and copy to ensure consistency across all assets
- Provide technical assistance on various department tasks and projects as needed
- Develop and/or advise on a health and nutrition communication strategy for products domestically and internationally
- Guidance on designing clinical studies to substantiate label claims
Who You Are:
- Trusted. A technical regulatory expert who can bridge teams and provide trusted guidance.
- Skilled. Able to grasp technical concepts and apply them.
- Strong communicator. Able to collaborate with all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to executive leadership.
- Decisive. Able to call shots and weigh up business risks.
- Attentive. Your decisions are always supported and substantiated and you pay attention to detail.
What You Need:
- Education: Minimum of a BA Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Regulatory, Food Law or related field. MS/Ph.D or JD preferred
- Experience: 3+ years of relevant scientific or regulatory experience in the food/supplement industry
- Must have a strong understanding of FDA regulations and ability to provide strategic guidance in the food/supplement industry
- Must be knowledgeable of US labeling and quality regulations for dietary supplements and food. Personal care experience a plus
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.