Based in sunny Los Angeles, Ritual is a direct-to-consumer health brand that believes it’s crucial to know not just what you’re putting into your body, but why you need it in the first place.
We’re transparent about our ingredients, where they’re sourced from, and have spent years conducting extensive research behind each of the premium nutrient forms we use. Our products are simple, effective, and backed by science. Our mission is simple: to empower people to feel their best by turning healthy habits into a ritual.
We have built a team of curious skeptics, world-class scientists, unconventional artists, expert marketers and analytical strategists that are on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. We’re well-funded, growing quickly, and committed to our mission. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the status quo, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
Ritual is based in sunny Los Angeles but will be working remotely until the global health situation improves.
Ritual is looking for a Packaging Engineer on our R&D team to lead packaging development for existing and new product development projects in specified Ritual categories. In this role, you’ll apply your expertise to develop and execute a packaging program for Ritual centered on nutrition and personal care, implementing packaging programs, sustainability projects, processes, and protocols optimized for both e-commerce and offline retail platforms. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for packaging to join a rapidly expanding organization and take on responsibilities that are key to our continued growth.
What You’ll Do
- Lead packaging development plans, including manufacturing and vendor management
- Work with vendors to source packaging for primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
- Identify innovative, and environmentally-friendly packaging solutions while improving form, fit, function and manufacturability that are within the cost of good targets and production lead times
- Work closely with Product Development and Quality teams on the identification and testing of novel barrier types, while maintaining product integrity and functionality
- Coordinate the development and implementation of packaging specifications by leveraging internal and external resources to expedite the process
- Identify innovative cost saving opportunities and continuous packaging improvements
- Manage relationships with Operations to ensure on-time delivery of projects to market
- Analyze category, material and innovation trends, brand and competitive landscape and dynamics leading to key conclusions, implications, and recommended action plans
- Coordinate activities and demonstrate competency with vendors and contract manufacturers
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert regarding paper/pulp, corrugate, metals, decorations, laminated films, blow molding, injection molding, thermoforming, etc
- Travel up to 15% of your time to contract sites, development partners (at the discretion of safety related to COVID-19).
Who You Are
- Expert. A subject matter expert who loves to share and educate.
- Strong communicator. Able to collaborate with all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to executive leadership.
- Problem solver. Able to navigate issues and resolve them.
- Analytical. Your decisions are always supported by thoughtful data and support. You are able to develop testing programs to validate your hypotheses.
- Adaptable. Enthusiastically take on assignments to the evolving needs of business.
What You Need
- Education: BS in Packaging Technology/Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Experience: 2-4 years of experience in packaging development in consumer products.
- Knowledge of new packaging technologies in nutrition, supplements, and personal care.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes and quality assurance principles (e.g. CQV)
- General knowledge of CAD
- General knowledge of statistical software to interpret data
Ritual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.