Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE’s 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
The Product Security Team protects the security and privacy of our patients by enabling product teams to build scalable and secure-by-design technologies. This role is a non-managerial, hands-on technical role that will include revealing potential weaknesses in products and infrastructure and crafting solutions to mitigate those weaknesses. This team collaborates with Engineering Managers and Product Managers in devising, implementing, and communicating a well-rounded approach to application security. With first-hand influence on strategic initiatives at Ro, you will be relied upon to provide engineering and product teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident product decisions. This role reports directly to the Director of Product Security and will work closely with product teams across the company.
*This role has the ability to sit out of our NYC office once safe to do so or 100% remote*
What You’ll Bring:
• 3+ years of security engineering experience such as design review, threat modeling, security mitigation development, security tooling development or privacy engineering
• A “T” individual–knowledge and experience in various disciplines but an expert in at least one: web application security, mobile app security, network security, applied cryptography, cloud computing/infrastructure
• A deep understanding of how to translate product and business goals into tech and how to stay focused on the most impactful
• A diverse set of leadership tools, experience mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, encouraging the best engineering practices, and leading by example
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant majors, or equivalent experience
• Excellent troubleshooting skills in a highly collaborative environment
What You’ll Do:
• Work closely or embed with product teams to provide security guidance on new products and technologies
• Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
• Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
• Discover security issues that appear under new threat scenarios, support incident response and remediation in a cross-functional environment
• Review and analyze design, architectures, existing systems services, and applications from a security perspective via black box testing, code reviews, automation, threat modeling and research
• Promote sound engineering practices, drive work on technical strategy and roadmaps
• Conduct regular threat modeling and security assessments
Benefits + Perks:
• Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
• Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
• Commuter benefits
• Flexible PTO
• Fitness reimbursement
• Paid maternity/parental leave
• A never-ending supply of office snacks + coffee + team
• The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.