Salary Range: $85,000-$95,000 + Full benefits package
Reports to: Chief Health Officer
Priority Application Deadline: November 4, 2022
About Rhia Ventures: Rhia Ventures is a social impact organization that leverages the private sector to advance equitable reproductive and maternal health outcomes for women and other birthing people in the US. We use a set of complementary strategies to transform the reproductive and maternal health market and advance health equity. This includes venture capital investing in early-stage companies that have the opportunity to spur innovation in women’s health and advance reproductive and maternal health equity. Ecosystem building that improves coordination and collaboration across companies, researchers, clinicians, and policymakers and ensures the implementation of a health equity lens into all programmatic activities. Narrative change to shift the social norms, practices, and people that influence the market. And, corporate engagement and advocacy to promote corporate responsibility and improve public policy regarding all aspects of reproductive and maternal health. These strategies lead to connections between corporations, community-based organizations, philanthropists, impact investors, and government agencies to encourage investments that are most likely to advance innovation and reproductive and maternal health equity. Rhia Ventures is a 501(c)(3) entity with a for-profit investment subsidiary, RH Capital.
Rhia Ventures strongly encourages and seeks applications from Black, Indigenous, and other People of color, immigrants, women, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
Position Description: The Senior Program Associate, Reproductive and Maternal Health Impact Assessment is a new role that will partner with the Chief Health Officer and venture investing colleagues from RH Capital to 1) develop and implement an impact management and measurement approach for our Reproductive Health Equity Framework, 2) assess the health impact of venture investments in early and growth-stage companies, and 3) provide general impact management and measurement across the Rhia Ventures portfolio of work. We seek someone with experience in impact assessment and evaluation, and reproductive and maternal health equity, who is also able to partner with early and growth stage companies, impact investors, and birth justice and reproductive health, rights, and justice partners across the field to assess the impact of our work.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and implement impact assessment metrics that evaluate the effectiveness of health equity and racial equity trainings, workshops, and support provided by Rhia Ventures. Audiences for said trainings include start up companies, nonprofit organizations and impact investors.
- Support the development of a Reproductive Health Equity Technical Assistance Framework which will be implemented among start up companies, nonprofit organizations and impact investors.
- Lead the development, implementation and production of the annual RH Capital impact assessment and report which measures the impact of venture investments in early and growth stage reproductive and maternal health companies.
- Engage strategic community alliances (e.g., startup companies, impact investors, birth and reproductive justice representatives, etc.) to provide guidance on the incorporation of community voice into reproductive and maternal health impact assessment metrics.
- Provide thought leadership on the role of impact assessment in advancing reproductive and maternal health equity.
- Partner across Rhia Ventures and RH Capital to ensure reproductive and maternal health equity is integrated into any impact assessments across other programmatic areas (i.e., narrative change, corporate engagement, impact investing).
- Partner with the development team to support proposal development as needed.
- Project management tasks associated with the ecosystem-building portfolio of work (e.g., training, impact assessment, etc).
- Three to five years of experience conducting impact assessments or evaluations of early- or growth-stage businesses, startups, and/or nonprofits.
- Expertise and comfort with designing and implementing impact metrics and incorporating feedback from a variety of audiences.
- Expertise and comfort with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Understanding of equity principles health equity, racial equity, and gender equity.
- Familiarity with or interest in understanding the priorities of startup companies with respect to balancing financial returns and public health impacts.
- Familiarity with health technology as it relates to women’s health innovation (e.g., contraceptive technologies, medical devices, drug development, etc.).
- Ability to build trust, partner, and drive results in multidisciplinary teams and with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and settings (e.g., health care providers, entrepreneurs, community members, investors, and others).
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects in varying stages of development under time constraints.
- Exceptional analytic, project management, and oral and written communications skills.
- Exceptional time management while working from home including the use of Zoom, Slack, Asana, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time, including some overnight travel during busy conference/training times.
- Intermediate knowledge and skill with Google Suite used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in evaluation or business preferred.
Benefits: Rhia Ventures offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance (portion of premiums covered by RHIA)
- Cafeteria Plans (Dependent Care FSA, Medical FSA)
- 401k (Rhia matches up to 4%)
- Life insurance (100% covered by Rhia)
- Parental/Family Leave (up to 12 weeks)
- Vacation Days (20 vacation days per year)
- Sick Time Off (unlimited)
- Holidays (11 holidays in 2022 and an additional week off during the winter holiday)
- Commuter Benefits ($100/month)
- Cell Phone (100% reimbursement for eligible employees)
- Professional Development Funds
Rhia Ventures is a 501c3 organization. We are firmly committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal opportunity (“EEO”) laws. Rhia Ventures strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, height or weight, disability, gender identity or expression, medical condition, including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) or AIDS-related conditions, marital status, partnership status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, arrest record and any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application. While performing the responsibilities of the job, accommodations will be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
To apply for this job please visit rhiaventures.applytojob.com.