#WomensHealth tech company developing DotEndo, a breakthrough blood test that aids in the diagnosis of active #endometriosis
DotLab is a personalized medicine company focused on women’s health and is starting with the development of a cutting-edge molecular diagnostic test for endometriosis. Ten percent of women of child-bearing age suffer from this debilitating disease, which takes an average of a decade to diagnose. We’re looking to change that.
DotLab is hiring a Vice President of Research and Development to work with our team on reimagining the experience of physicians and patients in women’s health. While much of today’s approach to endometriosis is marred by complexity and misinformation, we’re looking for someone who is excited to significantly improve the patient and physician journeys and make a lasting impact in women’s health.
- Effectively lead, mentor and provide oversight for the R&D and Clinical Laboratory groups, including Quality Assurance and Data Science.
- Promote a high level of scientific rigor in the experimental design and execution of the company’s diagnostic programs, across a wide range of platforms and approaches.
- Utilize your deep knowledge of molecular biology and genomics in leading efforts to discover novel biomarkers for DotLab’s diagnostic products.
- Provide scientific leadership to ensure the creation of comprehensive, actionable product development plans from concept to launch, anticipating regulatory requirements and timelines to support validation and commercialization efforts.
- Help define and direct DotLab’s diagnostic programs in collaboration with senior management.
- Serve as subject matter expert across the diagnostic portfolio to support business objectives.
- Provide scientific guidance in generating and maintaining DotLab’s IP portfolio.
- Advanced degree in scientific discipline (PhD, MD, MD/PhD)
- Strong technical background in molecular biology, genomics, proteomics and genetics, with preference to experience with gene expression platforms (RT-qPCR, RNAseq)
- 10+ years of industry experience leading a genomics-focused R&D group, with preference to diagnostic product development experience in a CLIA/CAP/NYSDOH regulated environment
- Ability to quickly transition between strategic and tactical thinking
- Experience writing and implementing research protocols, reviewing and interpreting data, preparing study reports, analyzing data and presenting data to both internal and external audiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present complex scientific information to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated experience effectively collaborating with key stakeholders in other business units (Clinical, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Sales)
- Preferred location in CT, MA, NJ, or NY (within driving distance of Branford, CT), but will review remote candidates.