#WomensHealth tech company developing DotEndo, a breakthrough blood test that aids in the diagnosis of active #endometriosis
DotLab is a personalized medicine company focused on women’s health and is starting with the development of a cutting-edge molecular diagnostic test for endometriosis. Ten percent of women of child-bearing age suffer from this debilitating disease, which takes an average of a decade to diagnose. We’re looking to change that.
DotLab is hiring a Director or Senior Director of Research and Development to work with our team on reimagining the experience of physicians and patients in women’s health. While much of today’s approach to endometriosis is marred by complexity and misinformation, we’re looking for someone who is excited to significantly improve the patient and physician journeys and make a lasting impact on women’s health.
- Effectively lead, mentor, and provide oversight for Research and Development activities.
- Lead method development and laboratory execution of clinical research efforts.
- Drive design and execution of studies with a focus on innovation and efficient decision making.
- Ability and desire to communicate in cross-functional teams with members from varying backgrounds and provide leadership in experiment and study design.
- Utilize deep knowledge of molecular biology and genomics in leading efforts in the discovery, implementation, and improvement of DotLab’s future products (including but not limited to novel biomarkers, methodology, and sample processing).
- Collaborate closely with laboratory operations, data science, and quality assurance to ensure successful development and validation efforts for DotLab’s products. Apply critical thinking to assist with problem-solving and troubleshooting.
- Promote a high level of scientific rigor in the experimental design and execution of the company’s diagnostic programs, across a wide range of platforms and approaches.
- Implement best practices for design control and documentation for sample processing and validation efforts.
- Guide reagent and equipment selection, and provide input to guide optimization.
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs on publication planning to generate a strong body of evidence supporting DotLab’s products.
- Serve as subject matter expert across the diagnostic portfolio to support business objectives
- Provide scientific input on product development plans from concept to launch.
- Advanced degree in a scientific discipline (Ph.D., MD, MD/Ph.D.)
- Strong technical background in molecular biology, genomics, proteomics, and genetics, with a preference for experience with gene expression platforms (RT-qPCR, RNAseq)
- 5 years of industry experience in a genomics-focused R&D group, with a preference for diagnostic product development experience in a CLIA/CAP/NYSDOH regulated environment
- Ability to quickly transition between strategic and tactical thinking
- Experience writing and implementing research protocols, reviewing and interpreting data, preparing study reports, analyzing data, and presenting data to both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders in other business units (Clinical, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Sales)
- Expert knowledge of nucleic acid analysis methods including the ability to produce novel methods based on first principles understanding
- Ability to spend a minimum of 50% of the time in the lab in Branford, CT