👋 Welcome! Do you live in San Francisco’s East Bay or Peninsula and are an outgoing individual who is passionate about building community and loves planning and putting on events? If yes, we’d love to meet you!
We are currently looking for Regional Community Leads in San Francisco’s East Bay and on the Peninsula to join our women-led team and help build our growing community for women 50+.
Revel is a community built exclusively for women over the age of 50. Once a member of our community, a Reveler has access to a wide range of events and gatherings happening continuously all around her, all of which are organized, hosted and attended by women her own age. Our community is made up of strong, dynamic women who are not letting society’s outdated notions of aging define them.
Revel is backed by Forerunner Ventures and Y Combinator.
About the Role
We’re looking for an outgoing, curious and inventive individual to lead her geographical region part-time to help recruit new members, plan and put on events, and help support Revel members who are interested in hosting their own events.
You’ll join our Community team and report to Revel’s Co-Founder and COO. Job tasks include spreading the word about Revel, planning and putting on events in your local geography, reaching out to new members and supporting new hosts, and gathering and providing feedback on how we can continue to improve the Revel Community as a whole.
You’ll work part-time, remotely and will have flexibility in setting your working hours.
**About You / Job Prerequisites (**you should have some, but not necessarily all of these)
- You’re a person who’s brimming with ideas about new activities to try, new places to explore, new books to read, and new people to meet
- You embody the Revel mission of not letting your age define you and you want to inspire other women to feel the same way
- You have experience planning and hosting events, and love helping people get to know one another (ideally you’ve hosted one or more Revel events. If not, you may be asked to host an event as part of the application process)
- You’re excited to communicate with Revel HQ using tools like Gmail, Slack, and Google Docs, even if you haven’t used them before
- You are currently (or could become) a Revel member and live in San Francisco’s East Bay or on the Peninsula
- Have a working computer and access to reliable internet
- Have the ability to get around your local geography easily (for attending and hosting events locally once shelter-in-place orders are retracted)
Working at Revel
- We’re highly collaborative and fun startup environment.
- We believe that we can achieve a lot and do great work while acknowledging that work is one part of our lives. We support flexible hours and remote work. We focus on results, not hours worked.