Cleo is looking for a program manager to organize and coordinate our member programs and lead high priority projects across Cleo’s Clinical, Member Operations & Customer Success teams, supporting our best in class customer experience, improving clinical outcomes, and delivering on customer performance goals. As the ideal candidate, you will have a strong talent for project management, communication, and process improvement. The goal is to ensure that all programs and projects deliver the desirable outcome to our organization.
As a fast-growing startup, we are looking for someone who is agile, forward-thinking, collaborative, and looking to grow while having a real, sustainable impact.
- Project Management: Manage multiple projects through building out detailed project plans, gantt charts, and communication vehicles
- Program Development: Help drive Cleo’s program design, implementation, and operations. Support building out Cleo’s internal program development playbook and implementation plan
- Process Improvement: Initiate process improvements and enhancing resources to improve organizational operations and approach
- Collaboration & Communication: Successfully collaborate and drive cross-functional team meetings and ensure communication is maintained across the project team members and key stakeholders
- Risk Assessment: Identify any project-related issues, concerns, or challenges proactively and be determined to overcome
- Executive Updates: Create monthly and quarterly update reports and presentations to be provided to external and internal key stakeholders
To be successful in this role you may have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare administration, with experience in project management / program management and 4-6 yrs experience. Recent MBA/MHA graduate
- Direct experience leading large, multi-track and fast-paced projects
- Project management and/or process improvement experience (certifications such as PMP, Lean/Six Sigma, etc.)
- Advanced analytical and presentation skills (Powerpoint & Excel)
- An ability to work and communicate effectively across clinical, product, and business stakeholders
- An ability to prioritize various duties and multitask
- A strong attention to detail and the tendency to be self-motivated and results-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, highly effective at summarizing, presenting progress and key decision points
- An eagerness to work in an rapidly evolving, fast-paced startup environment
- Background in or passion for working in health services related to women’s health, maternity, or childcare
We don’t believe in perfection – we believe in passion, interest, and will – so don’t let a lack of experience or skill in one area listed above deter you from applying.
Cleo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.