Life at Elvie – Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It’s a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘Best of the Best’ at the Red Dot Awards 2020.
Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, “Stops your leaks, not your day” is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping British technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We’re deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We’re fearless – We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We’re innovators – We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We’re in it together – Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
What you’ll be doing
This role will primarily centre around exploratory & behavioural research.
We’re an inquisitive bunch and you’ll be one of our go-to question answerers. You will:
- Take a research brief, help define objectives, develop appropriate methodology, conduct fieldwork and analyse outputs to create actionable recommendations, whilst being mindful of budget and time constraints.
- Carry out foundational, strategic research to help discover, define and shape our future products and services – utilising both qualitative and quantitative research methods while doing so.
- Carry out desk research – be it social listening or digging into competitor product offerings, you’ll be able to delve away and glean as much as you can from the comfort of your desk.
- Understand from source – our research tends to be intimate in nature and carried out in users’ homes so a comfortable and approachable manner are essential qualities. You will be carrying out qualitative research remotely and in person. This research can range from exploratory scoping to usability testing.
- Our research often covers sensitive and intimate topics around all things female-health. You should be able to take a considered approach to these conversations, protecting both the participants and yourself.
- Keep us informed – your work should result in actionable outputs to help us create exceptional experiences. Outputs will take various forms, including research reports, archetypes, user journeys and more! You should be comfortable presenting learnings to stakeholders across the business.
Although your primary bread and butter will be exploratory research, outlined above. You’ll also have skills that can apply to technical research.
Creating disruptive products based on user needs means we are constantly prototyping and consulting our users. You will:
- Work closely with our engineers, supporting where needed in technical tests and observing for user learnings.
- Translate the jargon – you will take the information provided by the team and translate it into user friendly instructions to ensure our participants can complete trials in the exact way we need them to.
- Get the data – you should be able to balance your understanding of our user, with the needs of the product team, to ensure the trials are manageable for the user while providing the data we need to make our next decision.
- Comfortable with the strange and new – we have been known to use weird and wonderful methods to collect the data we need. You should be able to get to grips with new technology quickly and then make it easy for our participants to use.
- Conduct user testing to inform technical landscaping work and comparisons between ours and competitor products from a user perspective.
- The full cycle – product development doesn’t end at the launch, you will be integral in sharing the learnings from prototype trials and helping to create a seamless customer experience.
Holistic working – at Elvie we aspire to deliver seamless product experiences. You will be researching and investigating all aspects of our customer facing offering:
- Customer care
- Brand and communication research
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women’s health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging femtech industry.
We are passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboos around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, while learning a great deal and having fun.
What are some of the perks of working at Elvie?
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
At Elvie, we believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We do our best to accommodate part-time requests and flexible requests as much as possible. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and Women’s tech hub.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.