“A growing community of women who feel empowered to take charge of their bodies and sexual health.”
About Pill Club
Pill Club is reinventing the way women receive healthcare and essential medicine. Starting with birth control, we create a patient experience that is personal, convenient, affordable, and delightful. We offer everything she needs in one place – healthcare through telemedicine, payment using credit card or insurance, and prescriptions by mail.
Our mission is to be a trusted healthcare partner for women, empowering them through access, choice, and education – all while delivering a positive and personal experience. Launched in 2016, the Pill Club is a leader in the technology-enabled virtual care and pharmacy space, serving hundreds of thousands of patients across the US.
Our Patient Care Coordinators help manage and guide patients through all aspects of our services and product offerings available via the Pill Club. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the on-boarding and retention processes by providing real time updates, ensuring all patient information is complete and up to date, and working with cross-functional teams to ensure a great patient experience; communicating with patients regularly via multiple methods including phone, chat, email; processing payments using a secure payment system; editing medical charts and handling personal health information (PHI); working with Pharmacy software (i.e. Enterprise Pharmacy System); working on and/or participating in special projects as assigned.
- Schedule A – Saturday, Monday, Tuesday & Friday (8:30AM-7PM) shift. Days off on Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday.
- Schedule B – Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & Thursday (8:30AM-7PM) shift. Days off Tuesday, Friday & Saturday.
- Schedule C – 2nd shift – Monday – Friday (1:30PM – 10PM)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to patient inquiries and questions via phone, email and/or SMS
- Use a computer and phone on a regular basis to interact with patients, peers, Pharmacists, medical staff, and other internal experts/resources engaged in servicing our patients
- Input detailed and confidential medical information
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements based on business, legal and medical governance
- Educate patients regarding all offerings from TPC healthcare services about women’s reproductive health
- On-board new patients into our proprietary system
- Demonstrated sensitivity to women’s complex relationship with their birth control
- Actively participates in a team atmosphere
- Able to effectively collaborate with peers and cross-functional teams
- Follow prescribed processes and able and willing to identify new solutions that improve the patient experience within required SOPs/policies
- Performance and metrics driven
- Flexible to work overtime, evenings or weekends as needed
- Partner with the Pharmacy to make sure communication is fluid and clear among all teams involved
- Reliable – demonstrated ability to meet commitments including following policies, procedures, and working schedules as assigned.
- Work Standards – establishes a high bar for quality and volume of work; independently or with minimal guidance sets criteria that consistently meets or exceeds what is expected and/or asked.
- Patient Centric – has a natural desire to create and deliver an exceptional experience to those being served (i.e. patient, customer, peer, manager); has a clear understanding of what excellent service looks like and can demonstrate the ability to “Wow” the customer. Passionate about delivering an exceptional Patient experience
- Communicator – effectively represents their personal brand as well as the Company via verbal and/or written communication; demonstrates a high comfort with speaking via telephone or directly, writing/conveying thoughts/concepts via email or SMS, and using appropriate phrasing/terminology to engage, delight, and succinctly convey messages to the given audience (i.e. patient, peer, manager).
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving – ability to carefully consider patient concerns or questions and use available resources or escalate to the appropriate internal experts to ensure a safe and exemplary experience; collaboratively resolves problems using all available resources.
- Can-Do Approach – takes the perspective that where there is a will there’s a way within the legal framework.
Educational & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience working in a service role with demonstrated track record of creating an exemplary customer experience (up to 2 years).
- Previous experience working in a contact center using phones, email and text (up to 1 year).
- Experience working in a start-up or healthcare environment.
- College degree preferred.
Other Special Requirements
- Proven ability to effectively communicate succinctly both verbally and in writing; to present information and respond to questions from patients.
- Effective data entry; speed and accuracy critical.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Basic computer skills including working knowledge with a word processing and spreadsheet program (i.e.G Suite Doc,Sheets,Slides etc).
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit while utilizing a computer for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk and occasionally required to stand. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position works in a traditional office environment with a noise level that is usually moderate.
If you fit most of these requirements and love the idea of working to improve women’s health, please apply with a resume. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.