AI-driven women's health platform. Chosen by 143M women worldwide. Take full control of your health with Flo. #flo #period #tracker
About The Role
Machine Learning Researcher is responsible for suggesting, developing, and validating hypotheses behind the “big ideas” in Machine Learning aiming to supercharge product innovation at Flo and/or provide a significant impact on the value of Intellectual Property (IP) at Flo. This is a highly visible role at Flo and reports to the Head of Data Science.
What you’ll do/ The main responsibilities
- Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems.
- Frame the problems, de-risk the execution, present the results and learn from failures.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge about data structures and metrics, advocating for changes for product development.
- Evangelize ML across Flo.
- Maintain the collaborative relationship with product teams and broader stakeholders.
Basic Qualifications/ Requirements
- 5+ years of relevant experience in working on machine learning problems.
- Demonstrated experience in machine learning, deep learning, or related fields.
- Solid understanding of the ML fundamentals.
- Broad interest in prototyping, storytelling, data journalism and alike.
- Experience in wrapping research in dollars and communicating its value with executives.
- Strong academic background, research publications.
- MS in math, physics, computer science, engineering or a closely related field.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas effectively with technical and non-technical team members alike.
Preferred Qualifications/ Preferred Skills and qualification
- PhD in math, physics, computer science, engineering or a closely related field.
- Experience at the tier 1 product company or related experience working within the product or research organization.
- Experience with the ML adoption in regulated industries (finance, health).
- Experience with the health domain.
To apply for this job please visit flo.health.