Life at Elvie – Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It’s a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘Best of the Best’ at the Red Dot Awards 2020.
Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, “Stops your leaks, not your day” is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping British technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We’re deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We’re fearless – We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We’re innovators – We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We’re in it together – Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
An expert in global freight forwarding and logistics, you will be excited to take on the challenge in a fast paced and high growth area of the company. Using your sector knowledge and expertise you will review our global freight forwarding policies, procedures, and modes of transport to ensure the logistics team provide an economically advantageous service to all key stakeholders within Operations and the wider business. With a passion for sustainability and reducing our carbon footprint, you will work in collaboration with the Fulfilment & Warehouse solution Manager, to build efficiencies throughout our supply chain.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead on the sourcing of and day to day contract management of all of our global freight forwarding partners.
- Continuously review the logistics and freight landscape to bench mark our services with advances in the market to ensure we stay ahead of the game.
- Manage all customs procedures and brokers to ensure we remain fully compliant in all territories that we operate in and our document management system meets the audit requirements.
- Working with the commercial finance team, to model and ensure that all freight costs are effectively budgeted for, including tariffs, customs fees and transport across our current product portfolio and supporting new product development projects.
- Lead in the technical preparation of tenders and sourcing of appropriate agents to support our commercial expansion.
- Monitor our carbon footprint to ensure that we are meeting our environmental and sustainability goals.
- Present optimisation initiatives to the wider stakeholders to ensure we are always using the most economically advantageous routes.
- Take ownership of the business review meetings with our partners in accordance with the parameters set by the business and within the contract.
- 5+ years of experience in global freight forwarding and supply chain, preferably within the US and Asia
- A proven track record in freight optimisation, whether that be driven by reductions in cost, transit time, carbon footprint or all three.
- A strong background in managing contractual performance
- Experience in conducting tenders, preferably within the freight and logistics sector
- Have a proven track record of driving efficiencies and reducing the procurement cost base.
- A hands-on approach with a passion for problem solving
- Have an in depth understanding of the complexities surrounding customs compliance in the different areas that we operate.
- A love of working in a fast-paced environment
- A can do attitude
- Proactively build relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills
- A great communicator and confident decision maker
- Preferably CILTs qualified or equivalent
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with:
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
At Elvie, we believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We do our best to accommodate part-time requests and flexible requests as much as possible. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and Women’s tech hub.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.