Global fertility benefits for employers that save money and tame anxiety
Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility benefits provider for employers built to make fertility care and family-forming affordable and accessible for everyone who wants or needs it. Companies use Carrot to customize a fertility benefit that provides employees financial, medical, and emotional support as they pursue parenthood, reducing healthcare costs and resulting in better clinical outcomes.
About the Role
Carrot Fertility is looking for a Legal Operations Manager to support the Business Operations team in its efforts to provide legal and regulatory support across the Company. You’ll be involved in reviewing and negotiating a variety of customer, vendor, and partner contracts, and will help manage various regulatory and compliance projects. You will report to our Vice President of Business Operations and will engage proactively with the rest of the Company, most notably Sales, Customer Success, Business Development, Finance and Security. To be successful in this role, you will have a diverse set of skills, including strong organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, familiarity with common legal contracting concepts, and the ability to communicate effectively on the Company’s behalf.
- Bachelor’s degree and JD (preferred, but not required)
- 3+ years of relevant experience, ideally in legal operations at a high-growth digital health company or in a health practice at a law firm
- Prior exposure to legal documents, concepts, and workflows; prior negotiating or contract review experience (preferred, but not required)
- Tech-savvy and proficient with technology applications, including experience with contract management tools, such as Ironclad
- Experience working cross-functionally and managing conflict with team members with competing priorities
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and propose solutions to complex problems
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment; organized, diligent, and self-motivated, with the ability to effectively manage multiple high-priority work streams at once
- High integrity, trustworthy and discrete regarding confidential matters
- Enthusiasm for Carrot Fertility’s mission and eagerness to become a part of our collaborative, friendly, and dynamic team
- Customer, Vendor, and Partner Contract Management: Support ongoing management of customer, vendor, and partner contracts, including review, negotiations, tracking, record keeping, and signature management. Relevant agreements include but are not limited to: SaaS agreements, partnership agreements, non-disclosure agreements, HIPAA business associate agreements, data sharing agreements, and plan documents.
- Regulatory and Compliance Project Management: Lead regulatory and compliance research initiatives and execute on compliance requirements in partnership with other teams. Examples include state infertility insurance mandates, anti-money laundering compliance, healthcare reform, and payment compliance.
- Contract Management Tooling: Manage ongoing implementation and use of Carrot’s contract management software, Ironclad, and any additional tools that may be installed in the future.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration, Process Leadership, and Strategy: Work alongside teams across Carrot to help shape the Company’s legal strategy and streamline legal processes to accelerate revenue and shorten contracting cycles.
Founded in 2016, CB Insights recognized Carrot as one of the world’s most promising private digital health companies. In 2020, Carrot was named to Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas awards program, which recognizes companies that are tackling society’s biggest problems, and Carrot was named to Fierce Healthcare’s Fierce 15 List of 2021 which recognizes the most promising healthcare companies in the industry. Carrot supports 200 companies in more than 50 countries across North America, Asia, Europe, South America, and the Middle East
To apply for this job please visit carrot-f4766e-f486384a3db53d4b298d8e33c.webflow.io.