The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative and sustainable period products. Our mission is to create industry-defining products and services that set a new global standard for period health. Four years ago we launched the most innovative period product since the tampon: the menstrual disc. It had been nearly 80 years since the tampon was introduced, and our new product was quickly embraced by consumers everywhere. Flex started as a digitally native brand with one product, and quickly grew to a family of period products sold online and in top national retailers such as Target, CVS, and Walgreens.
The Flex Disc™and Flex Cup™ generate 60% less waste than tampons and pads and can be worn for up to 12 hours, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
We are looking for a Head of Acquisition that will lead our performance marketing spending as we achieve the next level of company growth and make Flex a household name. This role reports to the VP of Revenue.
The ideal candidate has 8+ years of experience in performance marketing in a high-growth environment, and has profitably scaled budgets over $1M/month. They are able to act as an individual contributor when necessary, but have also managed a team and had the responsibility of developing and executing a full funnel strategy. In addition to core performance marketing channels (Google, Facebook, Snap, Affiliates), the Head of Acquisition will be responsible for building out a testing strategy with the goal to validate at least 1-2 new channels in the first 6 months. The ideal candidate also has experience driving brand awareness via TV (OTT, Linear) and other top of funnel channels. Lastly, they have a deep understanding of the different growth marketing levers, and can be a strong cross functional partner to product, brand, and finance teams.
*Open to remote candidates in: AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, OR, TX, MA, MI, NJ, NY, WA,
- Achieve performance targets, generating 50% of our Company’s annual revenue.
- Manage and mentor a high performing team across SEO and paid social.
- Own and drive E-commerce growth rate, cost of acquisition, and ROAS across all paid acquisition channels
- Oversee all of the company’s performance marketing spend, determining the strategy and owning forecasting, budgeting, channel selection and allocation
- Understand the full omni-channel ecosystem, including the impact on retail sales, Amazon, and other 3rd party marketplaces
- Partner with the brand and creative team, to ensure our brand goals are achieved as well as performance goals
- Serve as a player-coach: Posses an owner-mindset and the desire to roll up your sleeves to help achieve goals
- 8+ years of experience in a growth/performance marketing role; specific experience should include time managing Google platform
- Experience scaling and managing media budgets >$1M/month
- Experience in an omni-channel brand environment (DTC, retail, Amazon, other 3rd party marketplaces)
- Experience spanning traditional digital channels (search, social) as well as TV (OTT/Linear), podcasts, and others
- Experience managing a team; track record of developing people
- Stellar communicator. Strong presentation and teaching skills
- Deep curiosity and empathy towards our customers
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks, able to learn and adapt
In 1 Month You Will
- Assume ownership of performance KPIs on day 1
- Quickly gain an understanding of product offerings, customer personas, and omni-channel business
- Develop your 30/60/90 day plan and have achieved your 30 day results
- Identify gaps on team and initiate hiring plan
In 3 Months You Will
- Assume ownership of forecasting process and channel strategy
- Determine allocation of spend across all channels as well as testing/validation of new channels and campaigns within channels
- Create a new standard for data-driven decision-making with your team
- Establish yourself as a cross-functional thought partner
In 6 Months You Will
- Build a high-performance team that can maintain the hockey stick growth
- Identify a roadmap for continued scaling of acquisition into 2022
- Set a new bar for the embodiment of our values: Choose Love Over Fear, Have a Growth Mindset, Optimize for Trust, and Be You
- Develop and mentor your direct reports and accelerated their career growth
Our Shared Values:
- Choose Love Over Fear: You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear.
- Optimize For Trust: You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- Have a Growth Mindset: You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact everyday
- Be You: You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!)
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative, sustainable, life-changing period products. After years of disappointment and discomfort trying dozens of products, Lauren Schulte Wang founded Flex to create body-safe, medical grade alternatives that outperform traditional period products. The Flex Disc and Flex Cup generate 60% less waste and have the capacity of up to three super tampons, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
Flex is sold at over 25,000 stores across the US and is the #1 alternative period product brand based on units sold. Committed to making its life-changing products accessible to as many people possible, Flex is available at Target, CVS, and Walgreens, and at flexfits.com.
The Flex Company is dedicated to equity in all that we do: from hiring to the design of our flagship products. Diversity is not a nice-to-have. It’s critical to the ideas, talent, and processes that help us create the most positive impact for our customers and for each other as colleagues.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, age, and other protected classes. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities including Black and other under-represented minorities to apply to be a team member at The Flex Company.
We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental and vision health insurance, paid parental leave, cell phone reimbursement, and $1,000 annual learning credit to apply to anything that helps you grow professionally.