We’re looking for a Head of Engineering to join our team at Oova! You’ll have the opportunity to shape our platform and help build out the culture of this fast-growing health-tech startup. If the idea of being an early hire at a venture backed, scaling, startup who is working at the intersection of Big Data, biomedicine and diagnostics is interesting to you, we should talk!
If you’re looking to join a relentless, hardworking, and passionate team that is determined to make a difference, then Oova is for you! Please forward your resume to Jerome Scelza (email@example.com), if interested.
As the Head of Engineering, reporting to the CEO, you will work as the liaison between product discovery and development. Your role will be to ensure our team of very autonomous mid-senior level software developers and prioritizing technical sprints with business and sales objectives in mind. About 50% of this role will be in code review, testing and infrastructure support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be accountable for the technical strategy and roadmap. Lead teams to best prioritize their work towards both maximizing business value delivery to our users and excellence in technology crafts.
- Recruit high caliber Engineering team members, and act as a key contributor to the Engineering team culture, technology best practices, platform and system design and choices.
- Coach, mentor and inspire engineers and individual contributors on technical and career developments.
- Strong business sense and close alignment with enterprise value. Work effectively with business stakeholders in non-technical settings.
- Lead by example. Very technically involved in coaching and driving technical discussions and decisions with members of the team and around system architecture designs.
- Build strong relationships with your partners of Product Managers, Designers, Data Analysts.
- Collaborate with business functions to deliver best technology value to our users.
- Be involved in the Agile process at Oova, such as sprint planning, retrospective meetings, stand-ups and code reviews. Hold stack leads accountable and help them with milestones and deliveries.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven experience in leading multiple Product and Engineering initiatives at growth stage technology startups, managing one or multiple scrum teams and coaching Engineers
- An empathic people leader who is as passionate about developing engineers as they are about developing software, and has experience leading and growing complex technology functions with 5+ engineers.
- Strong technical skills. You consider software development as a lifelong passion. Enjoys conducting deep technical discussions with peers and senior members of the technical team.
- Outstanding analytical skills, and ability to analyze user data, think creatively and solve problems in a data-driven decision making manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex technology concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators in a distributed and remote-enabled team setting.
- 3+ years experience in a software development leadership role
- 5+ years experience maintaining, testing, deploying applications
- 7+ years experience in software development, python AND JS experience heavily preferred
- Scrum / Agile Certifications and Project Management Experience
- Experience with managing and maintaining cloud infrastructure, Google Cloud preferred
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related discipline
- BI/BA and database experience, NoSQL, MySQL, cloud storage
- Proven experience in leading mobile App (iOS & Android) development
- Experience ingesting, writing and testing APIs
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Highly competitive compensation package, including base and equity – everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- Open vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need – we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
- Commuter benefits and remote work equipment assitance
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME TO JEROME SCELZA (JEROME@OOVA.LIFE), IF INTERESTED.