Alpha Medical is on a mission to make access to quality healthcare easy, affordable, and convenient.
We are seeking a Head of Engineering with a passion for improving the way people access healthcare today. The Head of Engineering will work closely with our Software Architect and lead the Engineering Team to ensure projects are executed on schedule and help drive continuous process improvement. The Head of Engineering will be a key member of the Engineering Team which is responsible for building and maintaining an active telemedicine platform available in 46 states and D.C. This platform includes the marketing website, the “Patient Dashboard” that patients use to view their services and message the Alpha Care Team, and the “Clinician Dashboard” that the Alpha Care Team uses to view, manage and communicate with our patients. The Head of Engineering will also represent Alpha and the Engineering Team when presenting to the executive team.
Remote available only within US.
- Develop and guide strategy for engineering and product development
- Manage priority and roadmap of engineering projects, along with tracking progress
- Collaborate with Product Manager to improve team throughput
- Manage the team’s hiring schedule and process from sourcing to hiring
- Work closely with the Software Architect to identify and define engineering focused projects to improve, refactor, and reduce tech debt in the platform
- Run daily standups and other agile planning meetings
- Help engineers on the team grow their skills and improve their technical approach
- Proactively identify and communicate blockers to appropriate stakeholders
- Check the team’s work for technical accuracy and alignment with specifications through code review and acceptance testing
- Improve documentation, training, and onboarding processes
- Gather and clearly communicate performance feedback to the team
- 5+ years of experience leading and growing engineering teams
- BS in Computer Science or related field involving coding, or 5 years of equivalent experience
- Experience with task management platforms like Asana, JIRA, etc,
- Exceptional organizational and written and verbal communication skills
- Telemedicine or healthcare related technology experience a bonus
You may be a great fit if you are…
- Independent and self-motivated to work remotely
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where you will play a leading role in developing our foundational engineering processes
- Adaptable in a fast-paced startup environment where priorities may change quickly and frequently
- Being a part of a collaborative team that is actively increasing affordable access to healthcare for all persons
- Working Remotely
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401k retirement savings plan with company matching
About the company
Alpha Medical is an exciting startup based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Together, we have developed a fully HIPAA-compliant, asynchronous telemedicine solution that streamlines and enables an accessible and convenient way for both uninsured and insured patients to obtain care for a growing number of medical conditions.
Patients are ready for healthcare delivery that matches the accessibility they’ve come to expect from other service sectors, and Alpha is putting that capability in their hands. We diagnose and treat a growing list of medical conditions covering Primary & Urgent Care, Reproductive Health, and Mental Health. Patients access the service through our mobile and desktop-friendly website. We currently provide care via telemedicine in 46 states and D.C. with plans to continue our state expansion.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.