Life at Elvie – Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It’s a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
- Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
- Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘wearable design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
- Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, “Stops your leaks, not your day” is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We’re deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We’re fearless – We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We’re innovators – We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We’re in it together – Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
What you’ll do
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, you will lead the business planning, forecasting and budgeting process for the Company, challenging business assumptions and preparing & presenting plans to senior leadership. You will work closely with commercial finance and financial reporting & control teams, honing data integrity to drive improved insight & analysis and preparing the Company’s reporting outputs.
- Support annual strategic/business planning process, including identifying key drivers and levers of growth, modelling scenarios, developing a realistic projection to support investor expectations
- Manage annual budgeting and monthly/quarterly forecasting processes for the Company, working with commercial finance colleagues to obtain relevant business inputs
- Prepare all instructions and process documentation for the forecast/budget process
- Deliver consistent, timely, accurate, high quality and insightful information to facilitate and support decisions, including dashboards and KPIs
- Prepare and contribute to board reports
- Work closely with the IT systems team & broader finance team to ensure systems are adequate for reporting purposes and data meet the needs of the business
- Establish effective working relationships across the business, business partnering with central and finance functions
- Deliver continuous improvement of financial planning and budgeting, in collaboration with the commercial finance & financial reporting & control teams to ensure efficient information flow and dissemination of best practices
- Enhance capability across the wider finance team, through effective management and coaching, with opportunity to expand the FP&A function as the Company grows
- Work closely across the finance organisation to execute team OKRs. Support ad hoc strategic finance projects including analysis, reporting & projects; influencing cross-functionally to ensure analysis and data drives action
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in financial, strategic and general business management
- Experience in an international, multi-entity, and multi-currency environment
- Qualified & experienced accountant with proven track record of business partnering with senior stakeholders, driving and delivering change
- An excellent communicator, and a natural ability to bring the best out in others
- A “can do” attitude; proactive in seeking solutions and implementing change and a bias for action
- Advanced Excel skills and confident in data handling & analysis in a non-interfaced system environment
- High integrity and high attention to detail with ability to prioritise key information
- Consumer goods or retail industry experience (desirable)
- Netsuite and other planning tools (desirable)
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women’s health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging femtech industry.
We are passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboos around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, while learning a great deal and having fun.
What are some of the perks of working at Elvie?
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with
- Great work environment – regular company socials, free daily snacks
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Enjoy employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan with WPA
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and women’s tech hub.
All of our roles can be considered on a flexible or part time hours basis, and we’re open to discussions about location and home working options.
As an inclusive employer, we’re more than happy to provide suitable alternatives to our online application process. If you require the option to make a verbal application, please get in contact with us to arrange: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 745 5201.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.