Oura is an award-winning and fast-growing startup that helps people track all stages of sleep and activity using the Oura Ring and connected app. By providing daily feedback and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people improve their sleep, understand their bodies, and transform their health. We’re on a mission to empower every person to own their inner potential, and we’re seeking candidates who want to make an impact on our journey.
We are looking for an experienced and results-driven leader in social media strategy, community engagement and growth, and social brand building to join our team as the Director of Social. This role will report to our Head of Brand, and work closely with Senior Marketing channel leads across earned, owned, and paid channels, as well as our design and product teams across multiple geographic locations.
The ideal candidate has proven success with building, implementing, and optimizing social media strategy across all key social platforms. They are motivated by the constantly evolving social landscape, and passionate about adapting social strategy and execution to remain best in class. They have a deep understanding on how to appropriately leverage social platforms to achieve Marketing goals across the entire funnel, and how to measure and optimize for success.
This individual will always be thinking about how we create meaningful connections with our customers through the powerful platform of social media, and has experience with developing engaging social community programs.They’re inspired by the opportunity to help craft a global brand to become widely recognized and deeply loved.
You’ll be based out of our SF office.
What you will do:
- Build the foundation for how the Oura brand is expressed uniquely and specifically for owned social channels
- Develop social strategy from the ground up including; audience messaging strategy, roles of each social platform, and community engagement programs all in service of engaging existing and growing new members
- Build and execute organic social programs and partner closely with the Head of Performance Marketing + Insights on paid social programs
- Oversee and execute on the creative process for all content posted and promoted across all social platforms
- Establish goals, key initiatives, and a success measurement plan–including vetting and onboarding any necessary measurement vendors you’re experienced with–delivering weekly reports to the company
- Work closely with the Head of Content to build, adapt, and optimize the social editorial calendar and ensure key Marketing and company initiatives are represented exceptionally throughout owned social channels
- Hire Social Community Manager
We would love to have you on our team, if you have:
- 8-10 years experience working in social media
- Proven experience setting social strategy from the ground up, including overseeing and executing in roles for social media marketing and community management
- Experience with developing brand voice and personas for social channels
- A strong point of view on how best to leverage social platforms for brands in a similar life cycle as Oura
- A deep understanding of social creative best practices
- Proven experience with achieving and measuring social objectives, including sizable community growth
- The ability to guide and execute social copywriting and creative development
- Experience with establishing process and operations for all social media initiatives, including developing content calendars, project managing workflows, and executive reporting
- Organized, self-motivated and scrappy, willing to do more with less and able to creatively problem solve
At Oura, we care about you and your wellbeing. Everyone here at Oura has a ring of their own and are continually looking to improve their health and add to our benefits!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- An Oura ring of your own
- Beautiful workspace in San Francisco by Pier 31
- 20 days of PTO
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers