Healthcare on your terms. Birth control, PrEP, acne, migraine treatment, STI testing + more — prescribed online by our caring medical team and delivered free.
Nurx is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead the Platform team that owns our Patient Interactions and Workflows.
Nurx is on a mission to change the way healthcare is delivered, making it more accessible and affordable for patients, nationwide. With a specialty in sensitive health, we have built the industry-leading telehealth platform that spans consultation, diagnoses and fulfillment (right to your door!). We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare industry and that’s where you come in!
Today we have more than 300,000 patients, are growing 90% year-over-year, and operate in 30 states. We are lucky to count Kleiner Perkins and Union Square Ventures as investors and Chelsea Clinton and Regina Benjamin as Board Members.
About the Patient Interaction and Workflow team:
The Patient Interaction and Workflow team is responsible for building and maintaining the tools that power the operations, customer support, and provider teams. As the backbone of our internal customers, this team is critical in helping Nurx deliver positive patient outcomes. From fulfillment of medication to payment processing to internal workflows, the Patient Interaction and Workflow team is always working on exciting and challenging projects.
About the job:
As a people first leader in this role, you’ll lead a team engineers and engineering managers on all aspects of product development. You will participate in technical design and planning while providing guidance for engineers to ensure they execute well everyday. This is a cross-functional role where you will work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams to build the future of the patient experience at Nurx.
Our engineering team values craftsmanship, inclusivity, being data-driven and humble. Although we are a distributed team, we lean on collaboration, transparency and open-communication.
What You’ll do:
- Advocate for technical standards and quality across Nurx
- Provide an environment to grow and nurture the careers of your team at Nurx
- Develop a customer focused feedback loop of delivering value frequently with our clinical teams
- Collaborate with other leaders to evolve and scale our engineering culture
- Engage in the business goals as well as the technology
- Recruit and retain a talented diverse team of engineers
A bit about you:
- 7+ years of experience managing both individual contributors and managers
- 4+ years of technical experience
- Passion for software development processes and engineering culture
- Successfully built a team, defined its mission, and executed on its goals
- Experience evaluating tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact
- Effectively recruited, mentored, and retained diverse teams
We get excited about candidates who:
- Have managed engineers in a remote first company
- Are motivated by curiosity, with a bias towards action
- Actively learn and develop their leadership abilities
- Shown the ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Embody and work by our company values: Patient First, Dare to be Better, In This Together, Own It, Do the Right Thing
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate – we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. Nurx welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!)
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.