Life at Elvie – Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It’s a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘wearable design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
About the role
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We’re deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We’re fearless – We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We’re innovators – We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We’re in it together – Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for managing the performance of our third party partner, based in China. This includes:
- Training our third party partner to handle Customer Care queries for our China based customers (phone and chat)
- Training about and explaining new products when they are about the be launched in the region
- Keeping all knowledge base and support documents up to date with the latest SOPs and recommendations
- Monitoring our third party partner’s performance including response time, resolution rate, quality of interactions, online reviews and compliance to our SOPs and processes
- Translating, when necessary, all support and Customer Care documents from English to Mandarin
- Reporting on the China Customer Care team’s activities weekly and monthly (volume and type of queries, resolutions, parts shipped out, etc)
- Being the first point of contact for the China Customer Care team regarding any training need, escalation, new/unusual product issue
- Optimising the after-sales journey for China customers, by ensuring the replacement parts stock levels are sufficient at all times, and the logistics around parts shipments/returns is not affecting our customers’ experience
- Informing and keeping the third party partner up to date with any change to the products, including new app releases, and changes to the advised troubleshooting steps
- Being the voice of the customer for China, highlighting any process or methodology that needs reviewing in order to offer the best customer experience for the region
Reporting to the Head of Customer Care, you will work independently and with the wider team.
- Experience managing call centres or customer service team
- Experience in managing a team remotely
- Experience in working with an outsourced partner
- Experience using WeChat, DingTalk and Qianniu preferrable
- Ability to run and utilise reports in Google Sheets/Excel
- Ability to create and lead training sessions using PowerPoint/Google Slides, but also interactive tools to ensure a great engagement from the team
- Ability to forecast volumes and estimate needs in resources accordingly
- Previous experience in after-sales ideally in the manufacturing industry (where products require technical troubleshooting, and parts replacement)
- Love the idea of working in a fast-paced environment where you can build something from the ground up;
- A “can do” attitude and proactive in seeking solutions;
- Confident in data handling & analysis
- An excellent communicator
- High attention to detail
Please note – you must have the relevant right to work in the country you are applying from.
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women’s health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging femtech industry.
We are passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboos around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, while learning a great deal and having fun.
What are some of the perks of working at Elvie?
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with
- Competitive salary with regular reviews, year end bonus appliable
- Work with an experienced, dedicated and passionate team that share the same values and love what they do
- Flexible working hours – our culture is built on trust and autonomy
- The chance to have real world impact
- Regular company socials
- 10 days annual leave plus all annual holidays in China.
At Elvie, we believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We do our best to accommodate part-time requests and flexible requests as much as possible. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and Women’s tech hub.