Developing and commercializing products that address unmet needs in women’s sexual and reproductive health.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Staff, the Communications Specialist is involved in all aspects of the creation and implementation of the CEO/Corporate Communications program both internally and externally. They will assist with increasing the visibility of the CEO and Evofem Biosciences and its programs through interactions with the external PR agencies, organization of conferences, corporate website, and corporate social media outlets. This position will work with the entire Communications Team to create and implement strategies to better optimize and promote the mission of Evofem Biosciences, and the vision of the CEO. This position will also be involved in public relations efforts designed to enhance the profile of Evofem’s CEO. This includes managing corporate presentations, organizing offsite conferences and speaking opportunities, and marketing the CEO’s personal brand.
• Support the CEO’s media both individually and through external PR agencies.
• Support the Company’s external and internal social and digital communications presence, which includes the corporate website, corporate intranet (SharePoint), and social media outlets such as, but not limited to, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Support development and execution of the Company’s online strategy; edit content and work closely with other cross-functional teams, including marketing, information systems, human resources, etc., as well as outside vendors to advance our strategy.
• Support corporate social media forums, including posts, social listening and follow-up.
• Support updates and enhancements of corporate intranet (SharePoint), including development of news articles, blogs, video and photo galleries.
• Support the update and maintenance of the corporate website, news features and appearance of brand pages.
• Support external public relations/media relations, including providing assistance for digital/social media outlets.
• Assist with writing news releases and oversee internal circulation for approval.
• Responsible for distribution of news releases through PR Newswire.
• Responsible for MLR Committee review and approval of various ad promo pieces.
• Monitor and measure effectiveness of digital/social media efforts/presence using various analytical tools and platforms.
• Stay current on regulations governing the use of social media platforms in the healthcare space.
• Own the development of all corporate presentations for both internal and external audiences. Work cross functionally with colleagues to create engaging branded PowerPoint presentations, with the goal of becoming a PowerPoint expert and the team’s lead for presentation creation.
• Collaborate with design and photography vendors to create graphic elements for presentations and other outlets.
• Assist with supporting other communication projects as needed.
• Dynamic, fast-moving, results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Hands-on with a strong sense of urgency, discipline, commitment and organization.
• Quick thinker with capability to analyze situations rapidly and make informed decisions.
• Confident communicator and presenter.
• Highly collaborative and team oriented; flexible in personal interactions at all levels of the organization.
• Passionate about the mission of the organization.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in communications, public relations, graphic design, journalism, or marketing or equivalent combination of education and/or relevant work experience.
• 4+ years of work experience in corporate communications, public relations or digital communications (PR, PR Newswire, social media, website, intranet, online communication design/development).
• Experience working in the healthcare, pharmaceutical or biotech sector is a plus.
• Experience working in a public company preferred.
• Demonstrated social media experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
• Excellent writing, editing and communications skills.
• Strong administrative skills.
• Highly proficient in PowerPoint, MS Office tools, WordPress, Sprout Social, Adobe Photoshop.
• Experience with SharePoint strongly preferred.
• Experience with ePromo/Veeva Vault is preferred.
Travel: Minimal travel.