Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE’s 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
The Communications Senior Associate will play an important role in driving Ro’s communications strategy and reputation-building initiatives to position Ro as a leader in patient-centric healthcare. This individual will support multi-channel content creation for Ro’s corporate social media and owned properties and expand Ro’s storytelling with key audiences through comprehensive campaigns and media. This individual will gain broad exposure to internal, cross-functional teams and initiatives at the company, as well as contribute to day-to-day communications activities (e.g., narrative development, thought leadership, events, media relations, and more). This position is based in New York, NY, Ro’s headquarters, but remote candidates will be considered.
Who are you? You enjoy the hustle and excitement that comes with seeing stories come to life. You’re a team player. You’re creative. You have a point of view and are always looking to proactively contribute and help advance Ro’s strategy and overarching vision.
What You’ll Do:
- Leads media monitoring and external landscaping efforts for the Communications team, including real-time updates and analysis, and proactively identifies outreach and content opportunities that elevate Ro and its brands and leaders
- Creates diverse, multi-format content (i.e., blogs, video, infographics) to support Ro announcements and ongoing storytelling efforts across Ro’s social media and owned properties
- Manages editorial planning for Ro’s owned content and properties and supports content development for Ro’s social media, including engagement and response strategies and metrics reporting
- Supports earned media activities (i.e., press releases, media briefs, media lists, pitches) for Ro’s corporate and branded initiatives, as needed
- Oversees project management and manage relationships with Ro’s marketing and design team members as well as external agency partners who support media and campaign/content development
- Manages needs of Manager and Director-level projects and proactively develops planning and strategy documents to support day-to-day communications activities
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 3-5 years experience in communications, with an emphasis on creative, data-driven storytelling and non-traditional storytelling platforms, like digital communications and social media
- Demonstrated skills in developing, managing, and delivering communications to advance business goals; able to translate complex topics into accessible, relatable narratives for internal and external audiences
- Strong writing, editing, project management, and collaboration skills; track record of reliable and timely communication planning and execution leading multiple time-sensitive projects
- Knowledge of and expertise in current and emerging media and digital communications trends; experience in social media metrics and reporting and executing paid/sponsored campaigns is a plus
- Experience writing internal and external-facing messages (press releases, statements, Q&A, talking points, leadership notes, remarks, etc.)
- Exhibits executive presence and the ability to work comfortably and persuasively with colleagues across all levels of the organization and with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and strategic, analytical, and leadership capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills to quickly build rapport and credibility—flexibility, self-awareness, good attitude/humor, perseverance, ability to navigate ambiguity and thrive in change, and a can-do attitude
- Ability to contribute to a team environment yet work autonomously; comfortable multitasking and prioritizing to meet deadlines
- Excitement at the opportunity to join an innovative healthcare startup where every person can contribute to the mission of improving the patient experience
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.