Thinx Inc., an innovative company that is disrupting the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories, seeks a strong Associate Director of Operations who will be responsible for ensuring our operations run smoothly from the point at which product leaves the overseas factory, to receiving in our global distribution and fulfillment centers, before our customers, both large corporations and individual consumers, receive their orders on time and in full.
The Associate Director of Operations will coordinate between Thinx and key partner 3PL and transportation networks to deliver a high volume of products to customers across the globe. This role will report to the Sr. Director of Operations and be responsible for managing key 3PL relationship(s) and work cross-functionally with other teams to ensure the right amount of product is at the right place at the right time. We’re growing quickly and taking on a high degree of complexity in our business, so we need someone who can roll up their sleeves, remain flexible in a highly dynamic environment, and help build a scalable platform.
- 5+ years relevant experience in global warehouse management, logistics and distribution with a successful track record of managing these operations
- Experience working in any consumer facing industry with broad, multi-brand product portfolios (Apparel, CPG, etc.) via DTC and wholesale models
- Strong Knowledge of ERP (NetSuite preferred), WMS, TMS, EDI,ASN transfers, FSFE, Duty Drawback, classification, Import/Export duty mitigation, shipping optimization, vendor/customs compliance, and other regulatory and legal aspects of distribution and transportation
- Experience with managing cost performance and improving inventory management, order management, and warehouse management systems and processes
- Ability to manage and guide direct reports
- Cross functional project / program management and improvement experience with demonstrated influence in outcomes
- Ability to succeed in an unstructured, growing, dynamic environment with changing priorities — while maintaining discipline on key deliverables
- Enthusiastic, self-governing, accountable, and proactive team player who manages change with urgency & persistence
- Acute attention to detail and highly organized
- Highly analytical and critical thinker
- Help execute our global operations strategy to serve a variety of business models, customers, and markets
- Manage the full lifecycle of 3PL partnership(s), from RFQ/RFP to day-to-day execution
- Drive KPI management and continuous improvement to optimize our partner performance via SLAs, SOPs, and KPIs around on-time delivery, receiving, transfers, order fulfillment accuracy, inventory accuracy, compliance, process, etc.
- Develop and administer SOPS (standard operating procedures) for executing activities for incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and maintaining high standards of inventory accuracy
- Identify, prioritize, and implement systems integration improvements at the macro and micro level
- Partner with Merchandise Planning, Production, Sales, and Finance colleagues to improve processes, systems, and efficiency so we can continue to scale our business
- Potentially source and leverage new and existing logistics and distribution partners to ensure market competitive rates and services and maintain key business KPI’s
- Manage the collection, reporting and feedback regarding inventory transactions using NetSuite, excel, queries and WMS reporting