Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics — Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction — as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
We’re looking for an Associate Counsel to join the growing Legal Team at our headquarters in New York (temporarily working remotely)! This role will report to our Senior Counsel and will be responsible for a variety of legal matters, including drafting and negotiating contracts, advising on corporate and privacy matters, assisting in the management of Ro’s IP portfolio, and advising business clients on various day-to-day legal questions.
Who are you? You want to be an in-house corporate generalist, and you are excited about working on dozens of assignments at the same time collaboratively across departments at Ro. You are friendly, flexible, and eager to learn about all facets of the business. You are organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of contracts (think: technology vendors and other service providers, supply chain agreements, NDAs, commercial leases, and marketing and advertising contracts)
- Counsel colleagues on a host of legal questions, such as: IP protection and enforcement; content and advertising clearance; contract interpretation; employment law issues
- Assist with CCPA compliance and other general privacy compliance
- Help manage Ro’s IP portfolio
- Assist with dispute resolution
- Help create and implement company policies
- Manage corporate filings and regulatory filings
- Design, build, and improve legal department processes and forms
What You’ll Bring:
- You are an attorney with a JD, admission to a state bar, and 2-3 years of relevant in-house or law firm experience
- You have experience negotiating a variety of agreements and counseling clients on a variety of matters (bonus for digital health!)
- You are equipped with experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- You are comfortable handling tasks and answering questions that are unfamiliar to you
- You are able to assess and balance both legal and business risks
- You are a skillful drafter and issue-spotter, and a clear communicator
- Experience representing technology and/or emerging growth companies, particularly in the digital health space
- Experience in intellectual property, consumer protection, advertising, employment, and/or healthcare law
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.