Ritual is a direct-to-consumer health brand that believes it’s crucial to know not just what you’re putting into your body, but why you need it in the first place. We’re transparent about our ingredients, where they’re sourced from, and have spent years conducting extensive research behind each of the premium nutrient forms we use. Our products are simple, transparent, and backed by science. Our mission is simple: to empower people to feel their best by turning healthy habits into a ritual.
We have built a team of curious skeptics, world-class scientists, unconventional artists, expert marketers and analytical strategists that are on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. We’re well-funded, growing quickly, and committed to our mission. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the status quo, we would love to have you on our team. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
Ritual is based in sunny Los Angeles but will be working remotely until the global health situation improves.
Ritual is looking for an Accounting Manager. This role requires an individual with a solid understanding of accounts payable and accounting procedures. This individual will be part of the Finance team and will collaborate with other cross-functional departments at the company to ensure proper reporting of operating expenses. Ideal candidates are self-starters with a high attention to detail.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and own the accounts payable process including creation of purchase orders, invoice processing, and ensuring proper reporting of operational expenses
- Ensure accurate financial reporting and vendor data in Netsuite and bill.com by maintaining accurate vendor records
- Work with Operations team to create timely purchase orders for inventory procurement process
- Properly match inventory receipt documents to vendor invoices to ensure 3-way matching
- Work with marketing, brand, engineering, and other cross-functional departments to obtain proper approval and accounting classification for operational invoices
- Prepare, review and analyze select journal entries and AP accruals
- Assist with audit schedules for external auditors as needed
- Respond to vendor questions and issues as they arise.
- Assist the Finance team with special projects as necessary
Who You Are:
- Self-starter. You’re proactive and have a can-do attitude, and have strong time management skills.
- Detail-oriented. You understand that accuracy is just as important as timeliness and it’s all in the details.
- Communicator. You’re able to communicate payment information to a diverse group of vendors and stakeholders while keeping the company and team members informed of important payments.
- Process-oriented. You’re able to see ways to improve upon existing processes to increase efficiency and accuracy within an organization.
What You Need:
- Education: B.S. in business administration and/or accounting or finance. Experience also accepted.
- Experience:2+ years of AP and/or accounting experience, preferably in a start-up environment and/or working with e-commerce companies.
- Experience with Netsuite, bill.com, Expensify, or other comparable accounting software is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (primarily Microsoft Excel), and Google Suite (Google Sheets).
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ideal candidates should have a passion for e-commerce, direct-to-consumer, and the health & wellness industry.