Cleo is hiring an accounting manager to be responsible for the company’s day-to-day accounting operations. In this role, you will monitor and report on the company’s financial performance while also developing control processes and systems that evolve with the company’s growth.
- Manage financial month-end close process, including reconciliations/allocation and all adjustment schedules month and end-year process, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll, treasury, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, and capital assets reconciliations
- Manage revenue recognition in conjunction with sales operations and customer orders
- Maintain the general ledger system and chart of accounts
- Build and implement internal controls and policies that align with accepted accounting principles
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Implement systems, tools, and infrastructure with an eye toward automation
- Ensure accounts payable and accounts receivable are accurate and processed on time
- Prepare financial statements for budget variance reviews with the leadership team
- Prepare and process payroll, including any adjustments in collaboration with the people team
- Ad hoc analyses as needed with internal and external stakeholders
To be successful in this role you may have:
- 6-8 years of internal accounting experience, with 2-4 years as an Accounting Manager
- Start-up, consulting, or other demonstrated experience in high-growth, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- BS degree in accounting or finance
- Ability to manage complex and competing priorities from around the organization
- Ability to influence stakeholders with data, demonstrating the impact of strategic decisions on the company’s financial health
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks online, Bill.com, and other accounting systems and software that scale with growth (Netsuite experience a plus)
We don’t believe in perfection – we believe in passion, interest, and will – so don’t let a lack of experience or skill in one area listed above deter you from applying.
Cleo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.