We’re Willow, a team of inventors, mothers, fathers, aunties and uncles on a mission to help women live their best lives. Selected as one of TIME’s 25 Best Inventions, the Willow Wearable Breast Pump is the first all-in-one pump that fits in a bra. This is the first solution in our platform of products that re-imagines how to make women’s lives easier, healthier and fuller.
We’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate team players to help us deliver our mission. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
Willow is seeking an experienced Sr. Product Designer to play a pivotal role in Willows digital footprint expansion, helping to define, in detail, “how” features on our mobile app function and how our users engage with them. The successful candidate will drive the look, feel and function of Willow’s growing portfolio of consumer facing Mobile Apps ensuring consistency with Willow brand guidelines and aesthetic.
This role is focused on designing UX and information for new features (from an overall product strategy and roadmap) defined by the Product Manager. This person must think in non-linear terms: capturing interactions, edge-cases, and the various states of these experiences through deliverables such as user flows, product maps, wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes. They should be comfortable with an agile approach to design, with an emphasis on user testing and rapid iteration.
The Sr. Product Designer works in partnership with the Product Manager, Mobile App developers, and collaborates with the Creative and Commercial teams to deliver a consistent, elegant and intuitive experience across all platforms. Over time, and as the team scales, opportunities to recruit, mentor and manage individuals will open up as well along with the prospect of building design guidelines and best practices for this increasingly important discipline.
What you’ll bring:
- You possess extraordinary design talent, coupled with extensive knowledge and experience in the delivery of elegant user workflows and interfaces.
- You have a deep empathy and understanding for the Willow consumer and their journey through early motherhood.
- Your designs are beautiful, simple, consistent, and engaging, and will leverage a thoughtful and cultivated understanding of Willow’s end-users and their needs.
- You have experience developing prototypes and design variants as well as conducting user testing and optimization.
- You are equally comfortable working on brand guidelines with marketing, technical wireframes and workflow details with product management and software teams, or asset design and delivery with graphic artists.
- You possess excellent communication skills with an ability to translate complex design issues into easily understood terms to articulate design value to the team and company.
- You are self-motivated, super organized, always open to feedback and critique, and extremely collaborative.
- You have an interest/passion/experience in working on products that consist of both Software and Hardware.
- You have proven ability to own design problems/solutions end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond.
- You can create and communicate extremely detailed user flows, product maps, wireframes, etc. based on requirements from Product Management, and communicate UX clearly to relevant teams. This includes capturing all states, edge-cases, “unhappy paths” and path logic.
- You have a desire to mentor and potentially lead other members of a growing design team.
What you need:
- 7+ Years of Software User Experience and/or Information Architecture experience at consumer-focused technology company.
- Top-tier User Experience, Testing, Research and Information Architecture skills creating optimal user workflows and navigation.
- Curiosity and knowledge of how software (& hardware) products “function” and how users move through the experience to accomplish their goals.
- Strong, proven skill in creating wireframes and other common UX design artifacts. With a deeply collaborative and iterative approach to product UX: focused on ensuring a unified experience across products.
- Obsessive attention to detail and ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems and to consistently capture edge-cases.
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Can produce clear and descriptive documentation for implementation targeted to a variety of roles and personality types:
- Experience working closely with engineers, product managers, and visual UI designers.
- Proven knowledge of interaction design fundamentals and UI design best practices. Understands what is possible in modern Android and iOS development; and the design and interaction patterns and trends within each.
- Has experience conducting and coordinating remote- and in-person user research, using a variety of methodologies, and documenting and applying the results & findings.
- Experience using prototyping and user testing practices to understand usability of concepts and to learn and iterate on the UX design.
- Bonus if you have experience working on a user experience which includes mobile app and hardware as this will be part of the role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Arts such as Graphic Design/Web Design or equivalent discipline.
To apply for this job please visit willowinnovations.bamboohr.com.