Progyny is a leading fertility benefits company that combines service, science, technology and data to provide fertility solutions for self-insured employers.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting to provide accounting support in various areas of finance and accounting.
What you’ll do…
- Lead all aspects of the monthly financial close process including managing an accounting team responsible for preparing and reviewing account reconciliations, journal entries and ensuring accurate supporting analysis and documentation
- Analyze period-over-period fluctuations and provide insightful commentary of key business drivers; respond timely to inquiries through research and analysis
- Lead corporate accounts payable process including oversight of payment runs to vendors, reconciliations of cash paid to accounts payable sub-ledger, and T&E processing
- Manage implementation of appropriate internal controls and drive process improvements around accounting close activities
- Oversee general ledger and related accounting systems
- Coordinate closely with cross-functional partners on the accounting close process and various strategic projects
- Prepare tax filings, regulatory reporting, and internal/management reporting as needed
- Coordinate with outside auditors with quarterly and annual audits
- Identify areas for improvement; provide recommendations to senior management
- Additional responsibilities for special projects as they arise
- 7+ years prior professional corporate accounting experience with a mid-to-large size publicly traded company and top public accounting firm; experience in health industry a plus
- Undergraduate degree in accounting required; CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP concepts and SOX / internal controls
- Strong Excel skills and ability to efficiently work with large volumes of data
- Inquisitive; natural problem solver
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment with strong time-management skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to multitask
- Candidate must be driven to deliver results with the ability to establish rapport, earn trust, and effectively collaborate with others
Progyny is a leading fertility benefits management company in the US. We are redefining fertility and family building benefits, proving that a comprehensive and inclusive fertility solution can simultaneously benefit employers, patients, and physicians. Our benefits solution empowers patients with education and guidance from a dedicated Patient Care Advocate (PCA), provides access to a premier network of fertility specialists using the latest science and technologies, reduces healthcare costs for the nation’s leading employers, and drives optimal clinical outcomes. We envision a world where anyone who wants to have a child can do so.
Our mission is to make any member’s dream of parenthood come true through a healthy, timely, and supported fertility and family building journey. Come join a company that’s been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare.
- Family friendly benefits:
- Paid maternity and paternity
- Fertility benefits (including egg freezing and IVF)
- Emergency childcare program
- Parent’s group
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance options for employees and family
- Paid vacation and summer flex time
- Company equity
- Bonus program
- 401K Match
- Monday breakfasts/ Friday lunches/ healthy snacks
- Company social events
- Sit/ stand desks
To apply for this job please visit progyny.com.