The Babyscripts Team is seeking an experienced Senior Cloud Engineer who has a proven track record of leading a team, setting policies, standards, prototypes in automating and improving workflows in an AWS serverless environment. The ideal candidate already has a proven track record of success with AWS and a deep willingness to learn new technical stacks and be able to teach and share with fellow engineers. This role is a manager role. The ideal candidate thrives in the startup environment, where back-and-forth, constant, cyclical feedback and interaction is the norm. Role responsibilities include researching, testing, prototyping to resolve development issues, improving the functionality of existing workflows and operations, and ensuring that the design, application, and maintenance of software meets and exceeds quality standards.
This role must be able to successfully work in a multi-functional team, able to communicate well with engineers and non-engineers alike and mentor, guide, and train other engineers. Part of the job will be to take an idea, grow it, design it, validate it, develop it, test it, deploy it, and see it in the hands of real users. You should be able to deep dive into hard and complex technical issues that impact ten of thousands of users and obsess over how systems need to be designed to allow for scale, security and ease of use.
Babyscripts exists to solve the problems generated from the critical shortage of obstetrical providers in the U.S. Babyscripts was founded six years ago to rethink the delivery of pregnancy care through the power of technology and remote patient monitoring. Babyscripts offers comprehensive virtual maternity care that, through managing various levels of risk, addresses an outdated model for pregnancy care that has not moved the needle in decreasing maternal morbidity and mortality; an inability to address social determinants of health; and now the critical need to transition care outside of the clinic due to Covid-19. The company’s solution for virtual maternity care manages the various risk-levels of your maternal health population to address some of the largest drivers of costs and complications in perinatal care.
Babyscripts’ three-tiered approach to virtual maternity care allows providers to deliver risk-specific care to pregnant mothers at any time, in any place. The first tier consists of a digital education layer delivered via a mobile app, with daily gestational-age and practice-specific, customizable content extending through one year postpartum to engage and empower pregnant mothers through trusted resources. The second tier enables remote management of pregnant patients through the addition of remote monitoring. Dependent on risk, patients are provided with internet-enabled medical devices (like a bluetooth-enabled blood pressure cuff) to monitor for elevated risk, alerting the provider through a unique trigger alert system to enable risk management and intervention. This smart end-to-end management of patients enables the provider to transition care outside of the clinic and address problems of access, allowing them to automate a majority of their patient care while more effectively allocating time and resources to higher risk patients. The third tier brings the insurer into the equation in a unique collaboration between care team and payer, solving some of the structural issues of care coordination and access to care, improving outcomes while reducing cost.
- Establish AWS best practices as a member of our Center of Excellence team
- Contribute to the DevSecOps culture of our organization, with a desire to partner with other functions to “shift-left” in testing and security
- Own the evolution of our infrastructure capabilities (scalability, life-cycle, services) to expand as we grow, providing resilient, highly available, self healing workloads in AWS
- Define, enable, and build best practices for building and deploying our applications (both AWS workloads and mobile applications) via a robust CI/CD system
- Lead the team through an AWS-partner led Well-Architected Review annually, and define the roadmap for our workloads based on the outcome
- Design and implement our disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities
- Be an active participant in annual compliance audits (SOC2, HiTrust, etc)
- Ensure the ability to observe our applications performance is available
- Partner with product teams on an as-needed basis to help solve complex problems requiring AWS expertise
- Deliver prototypes/pilot projects of new capabilities of the system that align to our product and feature roadmap
- Identify ways to improve how Babyscripts writes, builds, and delivers application code
- Five or more years of professional experience in a software development role
- Expert experience with Web Services, APIs, Databases, Serverless technologies
- Experience with AWS services, in application development and devops.
- Experience delivering infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code methods
- Experience with build systems such as CircleCI, Jenkins, and AWS CodePipeline
- You have experience working in a DevOps culture or are familiar with the SRE principles
- Strong analytical skills and a creative approach to problem-solving
- Deep experience in managing multiple simultaneous technical projects.
- Good communication skills, and excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong understanding in high-level programming languages, data structures and algorithmic design
- Proven experience in software development methodologies and building complex web systems
- The ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced startup environment which is 100% remote
- Experience with Git (especially GitHub), Gitflow, Jira, Confluence
- Experience with QA and QA automation tools (Integration testing, E2E Testing, Mocking,Selenium, Junit, etc)
- Linux administration and bash scripting
- Ability to query databases with general understanding of database administration
- Familiarity with implementing security into an application solution
- One or more AWS certifications are held
- Deep experience with Typescript used in both backend and frontend settings.
- Previous Roles in the healthcare industry, especially related to hypertension, pregnancy, postpartum, diabetes and population health
- You’ve worked in a compliant environment before (SOC2, HiTrust, HIPAA, etc)
- Experience dealing with HIPAA-protected data and electronic medical record knowledge
- The candidate must be able to successfully work remotely. The candidate must have experience designing and establishing a productive, efficient, and balanced WFH routine as not to detrimentally affect either professional outcomes or personal life.
- Occasionally, the candidate is required to attend in-person meetings, sessions, workshops, and other events with members of his/her team or with customers or vendors.
- Currently, the Babyscripts Team is all remote. From time to time, travel to the DC Metro area or other areas for meetings and/or conferences will be required (post-COVID).
This is a full time salaried position offering competitive pay commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please visit babyscripts.bamboohr.com.