Thinx Inc., an innovative company that is disrupting the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories, seeks a strong Senior Associate of Operations who will support the day-to-day tactical distribution needs within our growing distribution network, from the point at which product leaves the overseas factory, to receiving in our global distribution and fulfillment centers, before our customers, both large corporations and individual consumers, receive their orders on time and in full.
The Senior Associate of Operations will coordinate between Thinx and key partner 3PL /transportation networks to deliver a high volume of products to customers across the globe. This role will initially report to the Sr. Director of Operations and work cross-functionally with other internal teams, including Production/Product Development, Merchandise Planning, Partnerships, Finance, and CX to ensure we are executing on our delivery commitments to customers. We’re growing quickly and taking on a high degree of complexity in our business, so we need someone who can roll up their sleeves, remain flexible in a highly dynamic environment, and be an engaged member throughout our scaling process.
- 2+ years relevant experience in distribution and fulfillment or logistics
- Has an understanding of supply chain operations, whether that is through direct functional experience or through a bachelor’s degree in supply chain or operations management
- Experience in ERP systems (NetSuite is a plus!)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Understands how to apply past learnings to improve processes and overall work quality
- Acute attention to detail and highly organized
- Analytical and critical thinker with a great propensity for problem-solving
- Enthusiastic, self-governing, accountable, and proactive team player who manages change with urgency & persistence
- Ability to succeed in an unstructured, growing, dynamic environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Travel may be needed to our distribution centers (up to 10%)
- Collaborate with Production, Merchandise Planning, Partnerships, and Finance, and CX to ensure proper fulfillment of orders including stocking strategy, timing of order processing at DC, and order invoicing
- Manage day-to-day tactical execution with 3PL and other transport partners
- Work with the Partnerships team on upcoming orders, risks to orders and priorities
- Troubleshoot EDI orders with our partners and drive closure to issues, ensuring 100% fulfillment and data processing completion
- Monitor and drive KPIs on operational performance measurement systems such as outbound order fulfillment rates, inbound receiving rates, order accuracy rate, on-time/in-full shipping and routing, non-compliance rates, inventory shrink, etc.
- Perform and understand root cause analysis to drive problem resolution relating to process and/or overall operational improvements
- Serve as a subject matter expert for respective area and help troubleshoot fulfillment and transportation-related customer issues
- Develop and administer SOPS (standard operating procedures) for executing activities for incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and maintaining high standards of inventory accuracy
- Manage the collection, reporting and feedback regarding inventory transactions using NetSuite, excel, queries and WMS reporting