Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC-backed startup based in Berlin helping over 10 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
To learn more about how Clue works behind the scenes, read our engineering blog, Bleeding edge.
Clue for Android has over 10 million installs and a 4.8 average rating, which creates a very exciting challenge for our team. The app is gradually moving from Java to Kotlin (over 50% is in Kotlin already) , uses minSdkVersion 19, and takes advantage of Dagger 2 and RxJava/RxKotlin. Custom views are common in the code base due to our UI and UX requirements, but always with a keen eye for the highest-performing approach.
- Be part of a cross-functional team of engineers, product owners, and data scientists
- Design, build, and contribute to the development of new features as well as the improvement of existing ones
- Work closely with iOS and backend engineers to have a common vision of the product
- Help guide and design engineering decisions
- Act as a mentor to other developers and share your knowledge
- Solid knowledge in writing Android applications (Java or Kotlin)
- Ability to write readable, reliable, and reusable code
- Experience writing unit tests and/or UI tests
- Good knowledge of Material Design guidelines
- Good communication skills
- Experience with dependency injection and Dagger 2
- Experience with RxJava/RxKotlin
- Skillfulness in implementing custom UI
We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
- Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga and personal trainer sessions, a free on-site therapist and low-cost massages in the office.
- Learn and grow with a personal education budget and subsidized German lessons at work.
- Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We’ll help with relocation if you’re not already in Berlin.
- Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary and the option to join the company pension plan.
Clue is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. Our users are global and multicultural—and we want our team to reflect this. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.