Life at Elvie – Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It’s a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘Best of the Best’ at the Red Dot Awards 2020.
Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, “Stops your leaks, not your day” is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping British technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We’re deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We’re fearless – We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We’re innovators – We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We’re in it together – Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
You are a detail-oriented, passionate and dynamic individual who thrives on getting stuff done whilst managing multiple activities in parallel. You’re a natural multi-tasker and comfortable with priorities that often change on a daily basis. You can roll with this and maintain focus by doing the right things in the right order. You are a destroyer of tasks. You’re process and people driven and get satisfaction from optimising ways of working to ensure the team you support is as productive as possible. You’re a list writer and box tick-er off-er. You are organised and logical, yet work at a fast pace to help the Product Development team meet ambitious plans. You are excited by the prospect of defining and developing the gold standard for Research Operations at Elvie.
What you’ll be doing
Your core objective will be to help Elvie’s Research team work efficiently. We run multiple confidential research projects in parallel, working with many participants and external companies along the way. Throughout this process, you will champion treating participant data and the company’s interests with utmost sensitivity. This involves ensuring potential participants are well-informed prior to starting a research study, and that any intellectual property related to these studies is protected. You will be responsible for maintaining this process, streamlining where necessary and taking care of our participants.
Recruitment, Scheduling, & Live Research Management – help us find and speak to women so we can keep them at the centre of everything we do
- Ensure all the women we speak to are part of a considered experience, whether they end up taking part in research or not
- Liaise with the Researchers and the Marketing team to find the best routes to source relevant participants for upcoming user research
- Advertise relevant research opportunities as and when they arise
- Categorise and pre-screen respondents based on recruitment criteria
- Manage all paperwork (there’s a lot) for controlled documents prior to participants engaging in studies
- Schedule Researcher<>participant appointments, taking into account timings and location (eg., off-site interviews, calls, product drop off/collection)
- Order/ship/courier prototypes or products to/from participants
- Provide support to the Researchers during live research by responding to participants, tracking completion of research activities, following up as necessary, uploading, organising, and anonymising and/or blinding study data and media for analysis, and transcribing media
- Conduct light quantitative data analysis on an ad hoc basis
- Process goodwill gestures for participants after studies have finished
Database management – we’re in touch with thousands of women and you’ll be keeping all of their details accessible, organised and secure so we can stay on track with our product development
- Meticulously maintain and continuously update our participant database
- Ensure that all participant profiles are up to date with contact information, signed agreements, and their current availability throughout the sign up process
- Keep up to date with active and inactive participants within our database to ensure that we are providing opportunities to a wide variety of women, while being respectful of people’s inboxes
Process improvement – how can we conduct smoother, more efficient research?
- GDPR – set standards and maintain documentation of research decisions and processes to maintain GDPR compliance; keep the research team up to speed with GDPR best practice; liaise with the legal team as necessary to ensure compliance
- Documentation – maintain documentation of research and research operations processes for new and existing team members to reference; flag opportunities for improvement and seek out possible solutions/new ways of working
- Data Organisation – seek out more efficient ways to organise data, make it more accessible to the team, and reduce processing time
General management – tame the beast that can be the start-up R&D cycle, it’s a team effort but you will be at the centre of it.
- Raise and close purchase orders in a timely manner
- Consolidate and track NDAs
- Provide ad hoc support for the wider product team
Our team is split between offices located in Bristol and London. You will need to work collaboratively to support projects across both facilities.
- Strong organisational skills
- Process driven with high attention to detail
- Experience with administrative tasks
- Conscientious and dependable
- Ability to work independently and with initiative, but ask questions when necessary
- Ability to think creatively to come to a resolution when you meet barriers; can-do attitude
- Excellent written and spoken English, tact, sensitivity and diplomacy – you will be the first point of contact with participants, so high-level communication skills are paramount
- Creative and driven – we’re constantly trying to improve how we work and we’d love to hear your ideas
- Experience with light quantitative data analysis is preferred (e.g., Python or other statistical package)
- Experience in recruiting research participants would be beneficial
- Knowledge and/or experience of GDPR would be an advantage
- Interest in women, health and all things technology
- A huge drive to help Elvie reach the next level
- An empathic and friendly manner will set you apart from other candidates
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women’s health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging femtech industry.
We are passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboos around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, while learning a great deal and having fun.
What are some of the perks of working at Elvie?
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
At Elvie, we believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We do our best to accommodate part-time requests and flexible requests as much as possible. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and Women’s tech hub.