#WomensHealth tech company developing DotEndo, a breakthrough blood test that aids in the diagnosis of active #endometriosis
DotLab, a personalized medicine company focused on women’s health, is looking for an outstanding Research Assistant/Associate to support the development of our cutting-edge molecular diagnostic test for endometriosis. Ten percent of women of child-bearing age suffer from this debilitating disease, which can take up to 8 years to diagnose… we’re looking to change that.
What you’ll be doing:
- Using your experience in the lab to help drive the development and validation of our genomic-based diagnostic assays
- Participating with bench and data scientists to develop and execute experimental plans, gather and analyze high-quality data, and participate in troubleshooting efforts.
- Working in a fun and fast-paced, early stage start-up that is leading the change in the way that endometriosis is diagnosed.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related field.
- 2+ years of life science laboratory experience (industry or extracurricular experience in academia).
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques, including DNA and RNA extraction and quantitation, cDNA synthesis, and RT-qPCR.
- Ability to perform basic data analysis and be critical of results obtained during experimentation. Familiarity with simple analytical approaches in MS Excel, GraphPad Prism is a plus.
- Clear communications skills and ability to work with team members in the same and adjacent disciplines, a true team player!
- Experience with LIMS and electronic document control is preferred.
- Experience working in a clinical laboratory (CLIA-licensed) environment, including the receipt accessioning, and tracking of human blood samples (serum, PAXgene etc) is a bonus!
- Past experience working with automated equipment such as liquid handling robots is a plus.
- Ability to be flexible, creative, and have fun as DotLab grows!