Life at Elvie – Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It’s a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘wearable design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We’re deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We’re fearless – We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We’re innovators – We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We’re in it together – Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Product Designer / Industrial Designer to join our team in Bristol.
You are passionate about solving problems and designing highly imaginative and considered products that delight the people that use them. You have an eye for detail and an appreciation of what’s required to take a concept through development.
You will be working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment. You’ll bring knowledge of your craft to design ambitious and credible solutions to ensure the products we launch continue to revolutionise markets. Your appreciation of the engineering process allows you to ground your design in reality, and be able to collaborate with and articulate your work to creatives, and non-creatives alike. You will be leading the hardware design activities within a multidisciplinary project team.
If you are excited by the idea of working in a scale up, enjoy creating innovative product concepts and have the ambition to take these ideas through to production, we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
- Help create novel concepts, technologies and hardware experiences for our next generation of products and accessories.
- Support the gathering and synthesis of user insights, in order to translate these into solutions that meet genuine user needs.
- Generate elegant, considered and refined solutions that satisfy the functional, usability and user experience requirements.
- Communicate and evaluate ideas effectively using a combination of sketching, CAD, 3D rendering and prototypes.
- Be able to passionately defend ideas that you feel will create the best product for the end user, whilst being open and receptive to input from the wider project team.
- Create high-quality CAD surface models that are suitable for production and that consider the relevant DFM requirements.
- Apply an understanding of high-volume manufacturing processes and colour, material and finish (CMF) to elevate the quality of the finished product.
- Liaise with and support our external partners and contract manufacturers.
- Contribute towards the continuous development of the Elvie design language and product design capability within Elvie.
- Inject enthusiasm, creativity and diligent attention to detail into everything you touch.
- Be naturally curious to find better solutions to everyday problems.
- A degree in Product Design, Industrial Design or similar
- Ideally 3+ years of industry design experience
- Strong knowledge in using 3D CAD (Solidworks experience preferred)
- Excellent 2D/3D visualisation skills (Keyshot, Adobe CC preferred)
- Experience in rapid prototyping and general workshop modelmaking
- An understanding of high-volume manufacturing methods and materials
- Ability to work in a collaborative team and forge strong working relationships
- An appreciation for all stakeholders involved in new product development
- Excellent self-initiation and an obsessive attention to detail
- Possess strong visual, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Fluency in English is required – other languages are beneficial
- Demonstrate integrity and courage in the way you work
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women’s health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging femtech industry.
We are passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboos around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, while learning a great deal and having fun.
What are some of the perks of working at Elvie?
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
At Elvie, we believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We do our best to accommodate part-time requests and flexible requests as much as possible. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and Women’s tech hub.