Role Summary: As the NSO Manager you will oversee the day-to-day operational planning and design of new clinic openings to ensure successful openings of all new clinic and office spaces at Tia. You will work closely with the clinic operations and development teams to create new processes and systems for seamless and collaborative openings including organizing and planning across supply ordering, delivery, and storage organization, facility and maintenance, AV/IT and security set up, and coordinate training and on-site set up plans.
Tia Company values you “spike” on:
- Make something that people want
- Achieve excellence, with regard to impact over effort
- Act as a pack, not a lone wolf
- Insist on diversity
- Find joy and gratitude every day
- Be compassionate
- Ask why. Then why, again
- Ability to set a plan, and manage to the plan, metrics of success and manage to it
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Clear communication style – directive and straight-forward, not dramatic or passive
- Extremely good at prioritization, even when multitasking
- Time management
- Holding people, organizations accountable
- Highly organized
- Incredibly high bar for excellence
- Proven ability to learn from mistakes, ability to reflect
- Motivates others, despite changing expectations
- Proficiency in MS/Google Suite, and Smartsheets
- Customer service skills
- Process of creating and implementing SOPs
- Skills to motivate. You can build a team of leaders
- Timeline management/ deadline delivery
- Planning and goal setting
- Budget management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Builds trust
- Thrive in a start-up environment and be comfortable with change
- Develop and maintain systems and processes for communication, scheduling, coordination and procurement related to new space openings.
- Work cross departmentally to ensure all teams are updated and prepared for new space openings
- Maintain and update system of detailed checklists, timelines and budgets to be used to organize openings and hold all parties accountable
- Create Clinic user guides and lead a page turn with Clinic team and relevant HQ parties
- Work with Clinic Ops Team and Training Team to plan and schedule training in clinic before opening; include space systems training with all new staff
- Complete all administrative tasks needed by Development team
- Organize shared folders and print operations documents for new spaces
- Create and manage specific move in plan for each new space, taking into account construction completion, building management, city regulations and opening timeline factors
- Develop, uphold, and continuously improve the procurement process as it relates to new clinic supplies, medical equipment, furniture and long lead items. Work to find savings wherever possible.
- Negotiate contracts, terms and deadlines with vendors and suppliers
- Order all space supplies including medical, cleaning, office, events supplies and accessories
- Oversee a supplies page turn with Clinic team before ordering
- Manage supply vendors and source a new supply ordering platform, if needed
- Source and coordinate warehouse storage for all supplies, medical equipment, additional furniture, and accessories
- Track all supply orders from purchase to warehouse delivery to space delivery
- Manage supply delivery and unboxing during move in
- Inventory all supplies at move in
- Improve supply inventory and process management in new and existing clinics
- Work with Tia internal teams to ensure inventory systems are successful
- Responsible for external vendor coordination. Serve as the bridge between external teams and the internal Tia team; compassionate and consistent communication between all teams.
- Set up external vendor accounts for trash removal, recycling, pest control, fire extinguishers, deep cleaning, etc
- Develop relationships with vendors in each location
- Liaison with vendors and pass along user info to clinic teams
- Work with Construction Manager to troubleshoot and problem solve any and all facilities issues in new clinic space during the move in through opening week
- Develop and nurture relations with the community, neighborhood and local businesses
- Create a neighborhood guide to share with the Clinic team
- Be on site as needed, travel as necessary
- Assist with operations systems, process and procedure creation for existing clinics working cross-functionally with the IRL Operations team.
- Help build and refine clinical procedure documents to scale
- Research and rollout new systems, tools, and write proposals
- Support with buildout and maintenance of gdrive and Tia’s company Intranet
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women’s healthcare, join us!
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.