Based in sunny Los Angeles,Ritual is a health brand led by the belief that you should know exactly what’s in your vitamin and how it works. We use only the best nutrient forms and publish our sources and research for all to see—because transparency is our thing. Our mission is simple: to inspire women to feel their best, every day, through healthy, daily habits. Our team of curious skeptics is made up of world-class scientists, artists, expert marketers and strategists. We’re well-funded, growing quickly and on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the industry standard, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
Ritual is looking for a Quality Management Systems (QMS) Manager to join our R&D team to support our expansion in the Nutrition and Personal Care products. This role will lead and be responsible for the management and implementation of QMS to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. This is a great opportunity for an individual that has passion for quality assurance to join a rapidly expanding organization and take on responsibilities that are key to our continued growth.
Ritual is based in sunny Los Angeles but will be working remotely until the global health situation improves.
What You’ll Do
- Establish and drive continuous improvement of QMS to assure adherence of policies and procedures for all products
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Operations, Product Development, Regulatory, etc.) to implement and maintain best practices
- Lead and manage the development, updating and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) and disseminate them across the organization
- Ensure FDA audit readiness and compliance as mandated in 21 CFR Part 111 and Part 117
- Manage certification programs for all Ritual products and solicit input from external and internal partners
- Manage quality events (non-conformance and corrective and preventive actions (CAPAs)) and customer inquiries/complaints
- Foster a quality driven mindset through collaboration with external and internal partners
- Work closely with Product Development, Marketing and Regulatory Affairs leadership to support marketing initiatives and brand assets (i.e. label copy, web content, marketing collateral, etc.)
Who You Are
- Technical acumen. Have a strong working knowledge of chemistry, food safety, microbiology and food manufacturing processes
- Experience. Quality Management Systems training and expertise
- Collaborative. Ability to engage and manage third party laboratories, suppliers and contract manufacturers, to stay on top of project expectations and deliver timelines
- Problem solving. Apply knowledge of QMS and problem solving skills to support and assure compliance
- Detail-oriented. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
What You Need
- Education: Food Science, Microbiology, Engineering, Chemistry or Equivalent BS degree required, with a strong preference for a higher degree
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of responsibility in Quality Assurance within a food and/or supplement role
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems, CAPAs, Change Control, cGMP, FDA regulatory compliance, consumer complaints, risk assessment and management and project management
- Travel up to 10% of your time to contract sites, development partners and educational seminars
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.