*This role is supporting our DACH & Nordics territory, and we are looking for people who are based in this region*
Life at Elvie – Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It’s a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘wearable design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We’re deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We’re fearless – We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We’re innovators – We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We’re in it together – Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
About the role
We are looking for a Key Account Manager with a successful record in Sales & Business Development across EMEA markets, to spearhead the next stage of our international growth. Working closely with the Head of EMEA Sales, local partners, and the creative and marketing teams in London, you will be driving the growth of Elvie into the category leader across all your active markets. You will be responsible for growing our market share, expanding our range and scaling our European distribution network in a profitable way.
You’ll have the freedom to apply your initiative, expertise and experience to help us drive our business. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing tech start-ups in the world and shape how we define the next stage of our success.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the Head of EMEA Sales to execute our EMEA sales and distribution strategy and exceed revenue and profit goals in the territory
- Continually evaluate and optimise EMEA strategy based on local market context, competitor and industry trends
- Manage all stages of the sales process, from prospecting to negotiation and closing deals
- Manage day to day relationships with distributors and direct to retail accounts. Continually monitor, evaluate and identify opportunities to grow their sales and profitability
- Work closely with the marketing team to identify effective trade marketing plans and grow the sell-in and sell-out of our key accounts
- Develop close commercial relationships with key retail groups, position us as the category leader and preferred partner
- Identify opportunities to place the product into new store locations and/or categories; maximise visibility and placement, to grow our share of the category
- Manage omnichannel selling strategies, create and maintain a view of the contribution margin of each channel
- Evaluate rolling forecast against the annual plan on a monthly basis, communicate pacing versus targets and mitigation actions
- Manage P&Ls for key customers, within profitability parameters agreed with HQ
- Develop and recommend insightful recommendations for growth opportunities, including partnerships, business development, NPI
- 7+ years’ experience in senior sales roles within top-tier consumer, nursery, health or technology brands
- KA level responsibilities, management of high-street retailers and multi-brand distributors in major European markets
- Bilingual / advanced proficiency in German language. Additional European languages (Swedish, Dutch, French and Spanish in particular) are desirable
- Proven track record of managing brand presence and growing sales on Amazon
- Experience with successful new product and market launches
- Successful track record of delivering on ambitious growth targets
- Experience owning/running a regional P&L and working with all functions across the business – sales/operations/finance to drive the category agendas
- Experience working with Marketing teams to build out retail and trade marketing plans
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Outstanding negotiation skills and experience with negotiating retail and distribution agreements in Europe
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel frequently throughout Europe (around 50% of the time)
Please note – you must have the relevant right to work in the country you are applying from.
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women’s health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging femtech industry.
We are passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboos around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, while learning a great deal and having fun.
What are some of the perks of working at Elvie?
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with
- Great work environment – regular company socials, free daily snacks
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Enjoy employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan with WPA
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
At Elvie, we believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We do our best to accommodate part-time requests and flexible requests as much as possible. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and Women’s tech hub.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.