We help families that work, work. We are the family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare systems leaves off.
Cleo is hiring a new Head of Security Operations to join the growing Security and Privacy Team. The primary responsibilities of this position include both tactical and strategic planning and support of Cleo’s risk posture.
In this role, you must have the ability to interact with management at all levels. This position requires excellent project management and communication skills, as well as a strong knowledge of the evolving threat environment in a cloud-first environment with a desire to have a positive impact on Cleo’s risk posture.
This role reports to the Chief Information Security Officer.
- Lead and manage day-to-day security operations at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Hands-on deployment and tuning of security controls.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures.
- Manage all aspects of MSSP/SOC as a Service relationship.
- Create and tune the automation needed to monitor the detection and response solutions.
- Triage security events and lead tactical incident response and forensics activities.
- Investigates root causes of events and incidents to implement corrective actions and controls.
- Lead vulnerability management program.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed solution design documents & diagrams.
- Responsible for threat detection and response, threat hunting and threat intelligence activities.
- Develop threat models to support enhanced controls deployment.
- Assess and develop hardened security configurations for operating systems, applications and services.
- Routinely assess current operational practices and recommend/implement improvements.
- Utilize ticketing software to document troubleshooting tasks to effectively escalate or hand-off long term issues to cross-functional team members and influence to completion.
- Work with IT Operations, Production Operations, Engineering, Privacy, and Certifications teams to ensure the Cleo risk management technical controls are functioning as desired.
- Conduct security reviews of current and future Cleo security related vendors.
- Encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems; facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change.
- Produce and streamline audit evidence.
- Stay current on threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Establish standards for measurement of security controls, and report key metrics demonstrating effectiveness.
- Support the Commercial team on privacy and security related requests.
- Work with other security and privacy team members on various projects and activities as needed.
To be successful in this role you may have:
- 15-20 years information security, security administration, SecOps experience in or supporting regulated industries
- Hands-on experience with security operations technologies and/or systems such as the following: SIEM, IDS, WAF, DLP, vulnerability management, firewalls, EDR, and email security systems
- Experience managing and securing Windows, Linux, Mac systems, Group Policy
- Familiarity with Linux platforms and security tools such as Kali, nmap, burp, metasploit
- Experience in scripting languages such as Powershell, Python or Go
- Experience with OWASP Top Ten and web security vulnerabilities
- Experience securing cloud environments (Amazon, Google, Microsoft)
- Experience securing container environments
- Experience managing, coaching and developing technical staff. Demonstrated success in collaborating with peers/partners or in teams without direct authority
- Experience working in small startups and working with evolving teams
- Prior experience leading project management efforts and coordinating resources, deadlines, priorities and budgets (PMP preferred)
- Experience coordinating a staff with a range of technical skills and a variety of backgrounds
- Experience in Security Operations (SANS/GIAC preferred)
- Experience in Cloud security (CCSK preferred)
- Experience with security operations center (SOC) techniques and technical vulnerability management (CISSP preferred)
- Experience working with incident response and escalation
- Experience working with business continuity planning and disaster recovery operations
- An eagerness to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced startup environment
- Background in or passion for working in health services related to women’s health, maternity, or childcare
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.